Defensive Carry banner

Smallest .25 acp??

17K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Cokeman 
#1 ·
What's the smallest .25acp available? The only one I can seem to find is a baby browning and it seemed smaller than a seecamp but I cant fing any specs on it. How small is it??? I really love small guns and wanted to pick one up for target fun.

#2 ·
I'm not certain that anyone ever came out with a smaller .25 than a Browning Baby. I have had one in the past and it made my Colt Model 1908 look positively clunky. The Colt is a fairly small pistol as far as .25s go.

I don't take the .25 seriously for self defense but the pistols are entertaining.

#16 ·
Hey, that looks like a gun only smaller...

Granted, a good bean fart will do more damage than a .25 cal...

#5 ·
IIRC I think a 22 LR has better ballistics than a 25 and the ammo is way cheaper.To be honest with you I would be more concerned about reliability and ability to stop a threat than size of the gun most people on this forum wouldn't carry anything smaller than a 380 and a lot feel a 9mm is their bottom

#6 ·
I found the baby browning specs here:

Baby Browning

Looks like it's .25" shorter OAL and .5" shorter in height than the Seecamp. Widths are about the same. That's from the LWS32 specs, but all 3 of the Seecamps are virtually identical in size.

#7 ·
A Walther Model 9 (.25ACP) is of similar size to the Baby Browning, but hasn't been manufactured for about eighty years or so....

#13 ·
The first one I thought of was the Walther Model 9. I was there when my sister bought this one on Black Friday in NY state (but not NY City).

It is in near perfect condition. Bore looks shiny and brand new. Don't think it's been fired much, and it was apparently cleaned right after because it's from the corrosive primer era. The action was smooth as butter, safety works perfectly, slide is easy to manipulate and the trigger is really good. The serial number puts the manufacture date in ~1930 which is pretty much in the middle of the Type-II production. The Type-II is probably the best version to have. It has the type-I teething problems fixed but doesn't have the magazine interlock, and additional parts that go with it, the Type-III has. I wish it was a .32 instead of a .25. A .32 is a lot more cartridge than the .25, but if she carries it, and she has about every day since, it's better than her other guns that she doesn't carry.

I confess that if she hadn't bought it, I would have, just because it's so darn cute. She's a little squirt barely 5' tall with tiny hands and it's still smaller than her hand.

It has a nice safety feature: The gun can be loaded, unloaded, and cleared with the safety on. Given how small it is, and how easy it would be to fumble with it and set it off (the trigger is a typical single action trigger, crisp and not very heavy), being able to do the manual of arms with the safety on is a definite safety feature, and why I pointed her at the Walther instead of a 1908 Colt.

Fitch

#9 ·
Hi,
I would like to refresh this topic.

I saw really small gun. Smaller than Walther 9 or Beretta jf 950.
According to wiki. Walther length is 3.9 in (9.9 cm), barell length 2 in (5,1 cm). Beretta is "very huge" gun at all.
FN baby is long 11,4 cm and tall 7,3 cm

Pistol what Im talking about is PZK (Posumavska zbrojovka Kdyne). It was made in Czechoslovakia in 30's. Capacity 6+1.
It is long only 3,82 in (9,7 cm), barell length 1,69 in. (4,3 cm). Barell length is reason why I dont trust to Walthers m.9 length showed on wiki (only 9,9 cm). I think it must be longer. It is visible if you compare pictures of those two pistols.
I had PZK in my hand. It looked like a toy :)
I didnt find any pistol with smaller dimension in .25 ACP.
On internet you can find that it is same pistol like Mars, but it is not true. Mars is simillar, but bigger than PZK.

Gun Trigger Drawing Still life Starting pistol

#12 ·
The PSA is the smallest current production .25acp I can think of.
Link to PSA website; Home Base
The .25 Seecamp is close but long out of production and magazines are all but impossible to find.
Beretta and Taurus both make small .25s but they are certainly larger than the PSA.
NAA makes that odd hybid .25naa Guardian about the same size as a Seecamp.
Walther's latest .25acp was the TPH, small, very thin, very light and very expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.