Smallest .25 acp??

This is a discussion on Smallest .25 acp?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's the smallest .25acp available? The only one I can seem to find is a baby browning and it seemed smaller than a seecamp but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smallest .25 acp??

Smallest .25 acp??

What's the smallest .25acp available? The only one I can seem to find is a baby browning and it seemed smaller than a seecamp but I cant fing any specs on it. How small is it??? I really love small guns and wanted to pick one up for target fun.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not certain that anyone ever came out with a smaller .25 than a Browning Baby. I have had one in the past and it made my Colt Model 1908 look positively clunky. The Colt is a fairly small pistol as far as .25s go.

I don't take the .25 seriously for self defense but the pistols are entertaining.

I just so happen to have what you were looking for. Of course it would not do much at 15ft but for an up close and personal deep concealment pistol it will do fine.
    Attached Images

Thanks.

Anyone know if the baby browning or PSP 25acp is smaller than a seecamp?? If so, by how much smaller?? Is it lighter or heavier??

IIRC I think a 22 LR has better ballistics than a 25 and the ammo is way cheaper.To be honest with you I would be more concerned about reliability and ability to stop a threat than size of the gun most people on this forum wouldn't carry anything smaller than a 380 and a lot feel a 9mm is their bottom
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    What's the smallest .25acp available? The only one I can seem to find is a baby browning and it seemed smaller than a seecamp but I cant fing any specs on it. How small is it??? I really love small guns and wanted to pick one up for target fun.

I found the baby browning specs here:

Baby Browning

Looks like it's .25" shorter OAL and .5" shorter in height than the Seecamp. Widths are about the same. That's from the LWS32 specs, but all 3 of the Seecamps are virtually identical in size.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    A Walther Model 9 (.25ACP) is of similar size to the Baby Browning, but hasn't been manufactured for about eighty years or so....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

maybe the beretta 950 jetfire is smaller. might be hard finding a new one. don't think they been made in years.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Hi,
    I would like to refresh this topic.

I saw really small gun. Smaller than Walther 9 or Beretta jf 950.
    According to wiki. Walther length is 3.9 in (9.9 cm), barell length 2 in (5,1 cm). Beretta is "very huge" gun at all.
    FN baby is long 11,4 cm and tall 7,3 cm

Pistol what Im talking about is PZK (Posumavska zbrojovka Kdyne). It was made in Czechoslovakia in 30's. Capacity 6+1.
    It is long only 3,82 in (9,7 cm), barell length 1,69 in. (4,3 cm). Barell length is reason why I dont trust to Walthers m.9 length showed on wiki (only 9,9 cm). I think it must be longer. It is visible if you compare pictures of those two pistols.
    I had PZK in my hand. It looked like a toy :-)
    I didnt find any pistol with smaller dimension in .25 ACP.
    On internet you can find that it is same pistol like Mars, but it is not true. Mars is simillar, but bigger than PZK.

pzk.JPG

The keltec 32 acp may be smaller. I know it's thinner and lighter and has a bigger caliber. I have a NAA 22 short that is way smaller than all and is stainless.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

This site has lots of info, and new .25s too.

A Short History Lesson of Some Length
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The PSA is the smallest current production .25acp I can think of.
    Link to PSA website; Home Base
    The .25 Seecamp is close but long out of production and magazines are all but impossible to find.
    Beretta and Taurus both make small .25s but they are certainly larger than the PSA.
    NAA makes that odd hybid .25naa Guardian about the same size as a Seecamp.
    Walther's latest .25acp was the TPH, small, very thin, very light and very expensive.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    A Walther Model 9 (.25ACP) is of similar size to the Baby Browning, but hasn't been manufactured for about eighty years or so....
    The first one I thought of was the Walther Model 9. I was there when my sister bought this one on Black Friday in NY state (but not NY City).

It is in near perfect condition. Bore looks shiny and brand new. Don't think it's been fired much, and it was apparently cleaned right after because it's from the corrosive primer era. The action was smooth as butter, safety works perfectly, slide is easy to manipulate and the trigger is really good. The serial number puts the manufacture date in ~1930 which is pretty much in the middle of the Type-II production. The Type-II is probably the best version to have. It has the type-I teething problems fixed but doesn't have the magazine interlock, and additional parts that go with it, the Type-III has. I wish it was a .32 instead of a .25. A .32 is a lot more cartridge than the .25, but if she carries it, and she has about every day since, it's better than her other guns that she doesn't carry.

I confess that if she hadn't bought it, I would have, just because it's so darn cute. She's a little squirt barely 5' tall with tiny hands and it's still smaller than her hand.

It has a nice safety feature: The gun can be loaded, unloaded, and cleared with the safety on. Given how small it is, and how easy it would be to fumble with it and set it off (the trigger is a typical single action trigger, crisp and not very heavy), being able to do the manual of arms with the safety on is a definite safety feature, and why I pointed her at the Walther instead of a 1908 Colt.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

If you are looking for a small .25, don't forget the Beretta 950.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

no sure of the specs.... 950 is a great little pistola.... ive had mine in .25 for over 20 years... very accurate 12-15 feet... very easy conceal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links