Kahr MK9 w/ NS vs. MK9 Elite w/o NS

This is a discussion on Kahr MK9 w/ NS vs. MK9 Elite w/o NS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For around the same amount of sweet moolah, which would you take: Kahr MK9 with nightsights, or an MK9 Elite 2003 w/o nightsights? The Elite ...

Thread: Kahr MK9 w/ NS vs. MK9 Elite w/o NS

Kahr MK9 w/ NS vs. MK9 Elite w/o NS

For around the same amount of sweet moolah, which would you take: Kahr MK9 with nightsights, or an MK9 Elite 2003 w/o nightsights?

The Elite 2003 basically has a nicer polished finish and a better trigger (I've heard).

2. Remove Ads

I believe the elite trigger is "standard issue" on most of the new Kahrs these days.

I have tritium sights on all my guns. I have a MK9 and it is a great little gun, extremely accurate, loves +P rounds, and I can just stick it in my bluejeans pocket inside a $5 Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Although I normally carry a G36 or Kimber Tactical Ultra II (both 45 ACP) or a G32 (357 SIG), when in a pinch I have no regrets with that little Kahr. Great pistol that has never FTF or misfired.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

yes, I think you're right, but only for the polymer models. The stainless steel models I thought were different though. You have to buy a model designated as "Elite"

Quote Originally Posted by NativH View Post
    I have tritium sights on all my guns. I have a MK9 and it is a great little gun, extremely accurate, loves +P rounds, and I can just stick it in my bluejeans pocket inside a $5 Uncle Mikes pocket holster. Although I normally carry a G36 or Kimber Tactical Ultra II (both 45 ACP) or a G32 (357 SIG), when in a pinch I have no regrets with that little Kahr. Great pistol that has never FTF or misfired.
    So is yours a standard or elite mk9? Would you trade the night sights for the elite trigger and finish

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I would get the one with the night sights. The standard trigger is a GREAT DAO and is smooth as glass. For it's purpose it's perfect.

I have the MK9 with night sights and love it. It's actually fun to shoot all day long at the range and yet it really does disappear IWB. I don't carry it in the pocket becuase it's too heavy for me. A coat pocket maybe, but I like to keep my pants up!

Night sites are only $65 bucks away. Get the elite and install night sights after you have saved a few pennies.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I agree with Danimal if you want your cake and want to eat it too, however, then you have to "send" the gun somewhere unless you have a local gunsmith? If you have someone local then great but if not, by the time you ship a gun and get it back you'll have added a lot of cost. I'm also thinking you might pay more for sights if you have to send the gun to someone, they provide and install the sights and then yoiu pay to get them back.

All good things to think about!

Links