Todays twofer special !

Todays twofer special !

This is a discussion on Todays twofer special ! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today was the day. It was nice enough to get out to the range and finally shoot the christmas present, my new Kahr CW9. The ...

Thread: Todays twofer special !

Exclamation Todays twofer special !

Today was the day. It was nice enough to get out to the range and finally shoot the christmas present, my new Kahr CW9. The second surprise of the day was taking my friend Kris. She had never shot a gun before. She was a lil' apprehensive and that was expected. On the drive out, I discussed safety on the range. She needed to know about that before she stepped foot on the concrete. We got there and set up shop.

It was now my turn.... the first two mag fulls thru the cw9 to claim her as my own. I brought one box of WWB 147 gr. roundnose hardball. The pistol feels great in hand. As I aimed at the target, which was about 7 yards out, I slowly squeezed the trigger and held my breath. That first shot, I swear the trigger was a mile long. It has a lil' kick to it. It definitely isn't a colt mustang, just the total opposite. Its not a target gun, but a good defensive one to carry conceal. Its the only thing it has in common with the mustang.

My first mag was not exactly in the bullseye, if you know what I mean. That was to be expected. After getting the feel of the muzzle jump on the pistol, I put the 2nd mag in. NOTE*When you run out the mag the gun locks open. So I attempted to combat load the pistol. It did not work. In fact, the best way to reload the gun and to chamber a bullet is to release the slid, put in a mag, then rack the slid. It might change as I break in the gun a little more.

The 2nd mag let me get a tighter grouping, and my confidence was building in the gun. I did not have a jam or misfeed. Kris did however. It was because of limpwristing. The slid also bit her thumbnail. Cracked the exposed part and whacked it right off ! I kept telling her to leave those thumbs in place and down. I bet it won't happen again. She said it won't either.

Besides that incident all went well on Kris' first shoot. In fact she's looking forward to going back to the range with me. She had all kinds of questions to ask. I think the girls hooked !
    All in all, for me...the Kahr CW9 will have a place in my battery. It did not malfuction (except for limpwristing), it shot easily and point of aim, is lite in weight and easy to carry and has a good feel. Whats not to like ? Highly recommended !!!
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Excellent! glad to hear you enjoyed the new gun, VERY glad to hear your friend had a positive experience - you can never have enough range buddies!

clips go in M1 Garands, magazines hold ammo in your gun <wink wink>
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Sounds like you had a great time..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Artz instead of releasing the slide then inserting mag insert mag while slide is locked back then grab rear of slide and pull to rear then let go you will have the same results chambering a round
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Artz instead of releasing the slide then inserting mag insert mag while slide is locked back then grab rear of slide and pull to rear then let go you will have the same results chambering a round
    very true
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I have a P9 and the Kahr is different than a Glock as far as chambering a round.
    I bet if you read the instructions it will tell you to rack the slide open, install a full mag and then release the slide lock with your thumb. When the mag is empty the slide is supposed to remain in the locked position. Release the empty mag, install a full one, and then hit the slide release you'll then have a round chambered. After I follow the above procedure (Install a ful mag, the release the slide lock) I'll extract the mag and add another round of ammunition. It gives me 7+1 rounds. It's a little different than some other guns, but works well when you get used to it.

Avoiding the newbie nicked finger syndrome;

Lock the slide back and have them grip the pistol. This shows where it is safe and where it is not safe to keep those extra fingers. Although a bloody thumb is a real strong lesson.

bosco

I have found that my P9 works better by releasing the slide lock than sling shoting. I also think Kahr recommends this method.

Regards,
    Jerry

Sponsored Links