Buying online?

Buying online?

This is a discussion on Buying online? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already know what I want for my next few purchases. One in particular I am having a hard time finding locally. For those who ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying online?

Buying online?

I already know what I want for my next few purchases. One in particular I am having a hard time finding locally. For those who have purchased online, where are some of the best places to shop?

TIA
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I think you'll get a lot of opnions on this. I can't help you but will be curious to hear them myself. For the first time I've put a gun on layaway (thats new) and I did it with a gun shop over the internet. I was looking for an S&W model 60-12 pre-lock. So I'll find out in a few weeks how it turned out but I am nervous about it!

I normally get my local gun shop (the one with good prices) to order my guns. I've had to wait a bit, even a long time, but it saves the shipping and since he keeps getting my business he keeps the prices in line...

Open market sites...I would look at gunbroker.com...Actual shops most on here seem to have good things to say about budsgunshop.com.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Buds last 3 guns I bought were from them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

+1 for Bud's
    Plans? Why make plans when you can do things haphazardly?

Florida Shooters Network
    Map of Central FL gun shops

I love Bud's and CDNN Investments. I benchmark the prices on everything I buy off those two sources.

I think gunbroker is a joke. All I typically see is store front gun shops listing their inventory on the website at a set price with little room for bidding. I haven't seen a deal there in a long time.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    GunBroker
    Buds
    Whittaker Guns

I just picked up my latest purchase through GunBroker today. A very good experience.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've purchased guns from each of the three major online classified auction sites. Between them you'll see most every gun on earth pass through their offerings. I try to keep my purchases local, but when you just can't find what you're after, the internet is the answer.

GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction

GunsAmerica - Connecting Gun Buyers to Gun Sellers Since 1997 - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

AuctionArms.com - Online Gun Auction

I've also had very good results searching forum classified ads. In fact some of my best finds and buys have come to me this way. Be patient and wait for what you want at the price you want. Some auctions don't go your way...a fact of life not to be fretted over.

Distinguished Member
    I just bought from gunbroker and saved $325 from local. It was a good experience, my first online purchase. The seller had over 180 A+ comments and had a phone number that I could get in touch with him. That's what I would look for buying on line, good communication. I am not going to buy from someone that does not have a phone number and a positive record.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Love Gun Broker. Have bought 12 guns though them and only 1 bad experience that was resolved. Just make sure you check the sellers feedback and ask questions via the internet for a paper trail if there are any problems.
    Also HIGHLY recommend Summit Guns. Best prices you will find on line and Mark is a straight shooter.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Has anyone used this site?

Tactical Gun Armory - Guns, Holsters, Mags, Optics and Much More.

Bud's actually doesn't have the gun I was looking for (Walther PPS 9mm) and the price for a G30 (the other one I am looking for) is quite a bit less here thanon Bud's.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Gun Broker.com and Guns America have both been used by a lot of people, as pointed out here.

Guns America has worked out well for me, since most of the sellers are actual gun shops around the USA.

But just like any site, make sure you are buying from a reputable seller. Most of them are easy enough to verify.

Beside the sites listed I've also bought guns from these guys. GilbertsGuns.com - Saiga 12 Gauge Shotgun, Rock River AR-15 5.56 Complete Lowers

I've never had a problem with them and they have real quick turnaround times. As for prices they are like any other online sight so shop around for the best price you can find.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links