Glock 30 Accuracy

Glock 30 Accuracy

This is a discussion on Glock 30 Accuracy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a Glock 30 SF, in the past with my other handguns I have shot them fairly accurate. Though when I shoot my G30, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 30 Accuracy

Glock 30 Accuracy

I own a Glock 30 SF, in the past with my other handguns I have shot them fairly accurate. Though when I shoot my G30, I do not seem to be as accurate. I took two of my friends to the range with me one day, and they also seem to have a tough time shooting accurate. This is the smallest gun I have owned so I'm thinking maybe the shorter sight distance is throwing me off.

Has anyone else had this problem with a G30, or sub compact Glock?
    NRA Member

My guess is that it is in fact you and not the gun. If it were the gun you would be consistently shooting a pattern to one direction of center on the target. Are you friends who also shoot it experianced shooters (not plinkers, but people who know how to properly shoot)?
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Administrator
    Small guns in a larger caliber take a little more skill to shoot properly.
    "Just blame Sixto"

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

The g26 and accuracy

here is a thread that might help you G26 accuracy.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

My 30SF is very acurate. I would say you need more practice.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I had the 30 and had issues shooting accurate with it. For me, it was a little flinch I would do before it fired. Maybe it was the intimidation of the 45 cal, or just lack of training. I switched to the 26 and find it much easier to land shots center target.

My Canadian friends who I sometimes took to the range with me could always shoot very accurate on my 30, so I know the weapon was capable of being accurate. They always told me "let it surprise you".

It is most likely a matter of percieved recoil and generally speaking the shorter barrel will have more muzzle flash which raises your percieved recoil. Switching to a faster burning round (rated for short barrel guns) will often help if not cure the "pushing" the gun down in anticipation of the recoil.

NEVER pull a trigger, slowly SQUEEZE it...when it fires should be a suprise (THAT it will fire should NOT be a suprise).
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Good timing for this thread. I went to the range today with my G30sf. I must say my groups have improved 90 percent once I learned that squeezing the trigger trick. That is the difference between missing the target, and tight groups.

I shoot my Glock 26 as well, if not better, than my Glock 19... I love my Glock 26 subcompact.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

i shoot my g27 better than my g23 and g22. i like a shorter sight picture, has something to do with old age/eyes.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by blinkstafoo1 View Post
    I own a Glock 30 SF, in the past with my other handguns I have shot them fairly accurate. Though when I shoot my G30, I do not seem to be as accurate. I took two of my friends to the range with me one day, and they also seem to have a tough time shooting accurate. This is the smallest gun I have owned so I'm thinking maybe the shorter sight distance is throwing me off.

Has anyone else had this problem with a G30, or sub compact Glock?
    I have a Glock 26. It's the same size as your Glock 30. It took some time to adjust to the smaller grip. I have one magazine with the extentsion for my pinky. I still have to adjust to firing my 26 when firing with the stock magazines. My accuracy is improving the more I practice with my 26. Give it a little time and you'll discover that your accuracy will improve with practice.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

My Glock 30 is more accurate than my Glock 21. At least it is for me. The G-30 is supposed to be one of the most accurate 45's on the market today.

It's your way of pulling the trigger.
    My G30SF is very accurate. It is as accurate as my G21SF. I seem to shoot the same groups even at long distances....25 - 30 yards.
    Grip the gun with a proper two hand grip and let the shot surprise you. You may want to get some snap caps to practice at home before you go shoot.
    One hand shooting makes you move the gun a bit more when you squeeze the trigger. Good luck and have fun shooting!

Well you guys were right, I went to the range today and got a 1 hour private lesson, and man did I see how accurate this gun could be. It shot great I was very pleased with the gun and my self :)
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I have a Glock 26. It's the same size as your Glock 30. It took some time to adjust to the smaller grip. I have one magazine with the extentsion for my pinky. I still have to adjust to firing my 26 when firing with the stock magazines. My accuracy is improving the more I practice with my 26. Give it a little time and you'll discover that your accuracy will improve with practice.
    What do you mean the g30 is the same size as a g26?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links