S&W Night Guard

This is a discussion on S&W Night Guard within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone carry the Smith and wesson night guard. Specifically I'm thinking the 8 shot .357 for IWB. It seems wide at the cylinder. Of ...

Thread: S&W Night Guard

S&W Night Guard

Does anyone carry the Smith and wesson night guard. Specifically I'm thinking the 8 shot .357 for IWB. It seems wide at the cylinder. Of course the width is because of the 8 shot cylinder. http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...327_163422.pdf

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I had no idea that S&W had partnered with Depends.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Wow. An N frame would not be my first choice or IWB carry.

I've fondled the night guard in 45 ACP and was impressed by the feel, but as far as IWB goes, you are gonna be sticking a pretty wide gun down your pants. OWB or as a bedside gun, this would be great. But to each his own! I am in love with the way this gun sits in my hand though, it feels so nice!
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I carry either my 325PD or 329PD, daily...IWB with a CompTac CTAC, 'til my Sparks VM2 arrives.

I find carrying these N-frames just as comfy as one of my K's...and certainly more comfortable than the Glock 17, which I carried yesterday, in it's VM2.

The cylinder is the only wide part, the rest of the revolver is nice and thin. And the width of the cylinder goes out AWAY from your body, if that makes sense......the backside of the CTAC holster is relatively "flat".

Xrmattaz, Any pics of those holsters?? Thats what I thought the cylinder is your only hurdle. I'm thinking those grips go in the garbage first night home. Some slim grips or crimson trace would work. It looks like the best of both worlds. Light, 8 shot, power of .357 and reliable. How's it shoot?

I have been lusting over a Night Guard. Would probably get one in 38 special so it's fun at the range and small enough for concealed carry. I am not a "more is better" guy when it comes to caliber.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    A big huge guy wouldn't have any problem IWB but If a guy like me 5'7", 160 lbs tried I think it would feel like you put a chunk of 2x4 inside your belt line. I feel the buldge of a Ruger SP101 cylinder like a small rock compared to the flat thin sides of an auto.

I'd see if you can find a similar sized revo to slip into your belt if the gun shop will let you.

They are nice guns but I can only imagine them being carried OWB as a service type revolver or as the other poster said, a perfect home gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Superheat View Post
    Xrmattaz, Any pics of those holsters?? Thats what I thought the cylinder is your only hurdle. I'm thinking those grips go in the garbage first night home. Some slim grips or crimson trace would work. It looks like the best of both worlds. Light, 8 shot, power of .357 and reliable. How's it shoot?

Take a look, here. How to carry an N frame

Same holster as I use, and similar weapon, but mine weighs next to nothing.

xrmattaz, Awesome pics. I owe you. Come up to Mich and I'll buy you a box of ammo and take you to the range. Seems everyone is hung up on their thin auto's. I like auto's too but I seem to always come back to revlovers, s&w .357/.38sp. I never felt the need to go to .44 mag or .41, No grizly's around here. I guess a lot of guys carried concealled long before the wonder auto's came out.

my 325 NG rides in a speed master from galco I'll post some pics later, it conceals fine and I dont like/use baggy clothes, I changed the grips for hogue wood bantam ones makes a great natural hold for me.

take a look at the new 10mm night guard, not bad since you can use .40s on it obviously, I'm saving my pennies for this one.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

holster issue

I bought a Ruger LCR and am going to buy a high noon holster, I also just bought a S&W night guard 386. That sidearm will arrive Friday, however I cannot seam to find ANY nice holster for this. Also is there a style of Hogue grip that I should be looking for? I am looking for a beefier grip than the one that comes factory on this weapon, Thanks.

Links