Agrip Wraparound Grips

This is a discussion on Agrip Wraparound Grips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody have these on their Kahr? Especially on a PM9? What do you think. Do they tend to catch clothing when concealed? If you decide ...

Thread: Agrip Wraparound Grips

Agrip Wraparound Grips

Anybody have these on their Kahr? Especially on a PM9? What do you think. Do they tend to catch clothing when concealed? If you decide you don't like them can they be removed easily.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have this on my P9. The checkering was just a bit sharp so I used this. It improves the grip quite a bit. I haven't had any issues with clothes catching on it. It's not as pretty as wood or even the plain polymer grip but it's highly functional.

I've had mine on for over a year with a lot of carry and shooting. You can see all the checkering throught the grip it's so worn in but it's NOT worn out. It's very very durable and cleaning with CLP hasn't affected it although I do try to keep it off of it.

I did have it creep up from so much use right near where the frame meets the slide but just used a thumbnail to trim it down if that makes any sense.

It's a good "all business" looking tool that does help the grip on these Kahr's. Just came back from the range this morning and shot a lot of rounds through a LOT of guns but I still love my P9 and MK9! They both function tremendously well. I've never fired a PM9 but I have to belive it would be a great weapon!

For what you pay for them, you can't go wrong with the Agrip.

My issue is when shooting the 147gr loads the slide sometimes won't lock back due to limp wristing. I thought a little help with the grip might relieve that. Or maybe I should just practice more and learn to just not do it.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    For what you pay for them, you can't go wrong with the Agrip.
    I've yet to try the AGRIP, but I may have to after that endorsement. I have been using the Hogue Handall Jr. for an improved grip and like it also.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I've yet to try the AGRIP, but I may have to after that endorsement. I have been using the Hogue Handall Jr. for an improved grip and like it also.
    Could you post a picture? Are your Hogues on a PM9? Certainly not on a P7.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

I feel your pain. I think limp wristing is a bigger problem with small auto reliability than some might think. I can limp wrist my MK9 or my Colt New Agent although with ball ammo is almost impossible with the New Agent. I've seen it be a real problem with smaller autos like the P3AT as well.

I'd recommend you try both the hogue and the Agrip. (one at a time )

neither is very expensive. I've used both and like them both. the A grip may not due as much for limp wristing. The hogue might do more since it makes the grip more filling than the Agrip. Practice will help alot and you may need to check the recoil of your ammo. Shooting really hot loads can make a tendency to limp wrist more due to increased muzzle flip.

It's the trade off for small autos and one reason why I 've a good revolver like the Ruger SP101!!

hang in there and you'll get there. Try both grips and try different power levels on your ammo.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    Could you post a picture? Are your Hogues on a PM9? Certainly not on a P7.
    On a P45 and a CW9, among other brands too.

Last edited by ripley16; February 9th, 2009 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I feel your pain. I think limp wristing is a bigger problem with small auto reliability than some might think. I can limp wrist my MK9 or my Colt New Agent although with ball ammo is almost impossible with the New Agent. I've seen it be a real problem with smaller autos like the P3AT as well.

I'd recommend you try both the hogue and the Agrip. (one at a time )

neither is very expensive. I've used both and like them both. the A grip may not due as much for limp wristing. The hogue might do more since it makes the grip more filling than the Agrip. Practice will help alot and you may need to check the recoil of your ammo. Shooting really hot loads can make a tendency to limp wrist more due to increased muzzle flip.

It's the trade off for small autos and one reason why I 've a good revolver like the Ruger SP101!!

hang in there and you'll get there. Try both grips and try different power levels on your ammo.

Thanks Gideon,
    I think I'll stay away from the 147gr. stuff and shoot the 124gr. for a while. And I'll try the Hogue Handall Jr. I've also thought of when loading the mags for SD I could make the last round a basic 115gr HP.

Maybe some wrist excersices.

And thanks for the pic Ripley16.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Not that much difference between regular preassure 147, vs 124, vs 115. It's the "+P" stuff that puts a little snort in it..

I have Agrip on my P9. It made a real difference in handling. It helped with follow up shots, prior to using Agrip, it almost felt like the gun would move aliitle bit, no matter how much pressure I used on the grip.

VIP Member
    My wife got a CW9 about 16 months ago and she really liked it except for the roughness of the backstrap. She is a pianist and her hands are very soft so the backstrap hurt her. I read about the Agrip and got one for her gun. She loves it. It made all the differnece in the world for her.

When I replaced my pocket pistol with a CW9 about 4 months ago I didn't really think I would put an Agrip on mine, but since she was carrying hers with Federal 124gr. Expanding Full Metal Jacket +P rounds I decided I would too. My first experience firing my CW with the EFMJs sent me to the web to find an Agrip for myself. I had previously fired them through her CW and really didn't think the Agrip made much of a difference - wrong. The backstrap was trying to eat the palm of my hand up.

I fired 50 rounds of WWB 115 gr. through the CW on Tuesday afternoon and 30 of the EFMJs yesterday with no discomfort at all. 40 of the 50 WWB and all 30 of the EFMJ were fired using my weak hand (left) since I carry the CW in my left front pocket.

BTW - the best price I found including shipping was at http://www.reddiamondonline.com/default.aspx. I found a couple of places with a slightly lower price for the item, but the shipping was much higher. They ship quickly also. I ordered mine on 1/23, it shipped on 1/23, and arrived on 1/27. The shipping cost was $2.36.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I have had Agrip on all my Glocks for years, so does my wife and son.

Links