Sig 226

This is a discussion on Sig 226 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local gander mtn just boght out a pawn shop and have what looks like some decent deals. However not being in the industry very ...

Thread: Sig 226

Sig 226

My local gander mtn just boght out a pawn shop and have what looks like some decent deals. However not being in the industry very long they might not be deals. So my question is what is a decent price for a used sig 226 in decent condition. They have a factory reconditioned 226 in 9mm for $490, and a used one in 40s&w for 550, both guns are in good shape. Thay also have a 229 in excellent condition used for 580. Am i nuts for thinking these are decent deals?
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” - Ben Franklin

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    The 229 and 226 in .40 seem a little pricey, $490 for a factory refurb 226 doesn't sound too bad, but it IS Gander Mtn and they are not known for low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    but it IS Gander Mtn and they are not known for low prices.
    That is true, but you never can telll. The Gander Mtn they have here at Fayetteville was selly Sig 226 for $250.00 one weekend. I wasn't aware till after the sale otherwise I would have picked up at least one.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    That is true, but you never can telll. The Gander Mtn they have here at Fayetteville was selly Sig 226 for $250.00 one weekend. I wasn't aware till after the sale otherwise I would have picked up at least one.
    Agreed, two of the best deals I've gotten were at a Gander, I paid $185 for a like new Browning Buckmark 5.5" Pro Target and a gently used Bersa .380 for $150.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Agreed, two of the best deals I've gotten were at a Gander, I paid $185 for a like new Browning Buckmark 5.5" Pro Target and a gently used Bersa .380 for $150.
    Makes you wish they did that more often... It may increase the customers spending habits... JMHO
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member
    that's a better deal than I've seen here, so sounds good to me.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Sigs are excellent weapons... if you don't take 'em at that price, someone else will...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Offer them $395 for the 226 and see what they say. If they counter to $425-435, buy it.
    ...T. Ray

Member Array carry for protection's Avatar
    Is it truly a 226 or is it a P6 225? Local pawn shop here has a few 225 P6 for that price.

Links