Walther PPK

This is a discussion on Walther PPK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any videos of the PPK? I looked on utube but wanted to see if there were any others out there? Thanks....

Thread: Walther PPK

Walther PPK

Does anyone have any videos of the PPK? I looked on utube but wanted to see if there were any others out there? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    What kind of videos? There are about 40 Bond movies featuring the little wonder. What do you want to see?

I guess videos of someone handling it, explaining its features and videos. A review if you will. I have seen som on you tube but just wanted to check if there were others around. For some reason, I lust after this gun and I have no idea why, sinc I already own a more concealable .380. I just love the looks not too mention that plus Leonardo DiCaprio made it look soo cool in the departed and that Bond guy as well.

I can't help with the video, but I had the same 'lust" for it, so I bought one. :)
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Check out the Bersa 380 which is really a PPK clone. Its a good weapon and just as reliable as the Walther.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Photo not video

I don't have a video of the PPK, but put a photo of mine below.

I bought this US-made Interarms version of the PPK about 10 years ago, mainly as a novelty. I have shot it at the range a few times, and it is reasonably accurate in single action, although the DA trigger pull is fairly heavy. I have carried it once in awhile, simply because it is so thin and small that it disappears inside the waistband in a suede clip on holster. It has never failed to fire and eject for me. I don't think the .380 caliber is as effective as 9mm or some other alternatives, but it is certainly useful for defense.

And it is a good looking gun with quite a bit of historical significance. It was first sold in 1928, and I believe that Adolf Hitler used one to end his life.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member

Features

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker497 View Post
    I guess videos of someone handling it, explaining its features and videos. A review if you will. I have seen som on you tube but just wanted to check if there were others around. For some reason, I lust after this gun and I have no idea why, sinc I already own a more concealable .380. I just love the looks not too mention that plus Leonardo DiCaprio made it look soo cool in the departed and that Bond guy as well.
    No video, no, but the features of the PPK (not the PPK/s)...

-Blowback - has more recoil than most 9mm.
    -Plastic grip panels will crack if screwed down too tight
    -Small sights
    -Accuracy - one of the best, scarey accurate with the right ammo
    -Capacity - 6. Mine does not like 6+1
    -Trigger - in the double digits for the first pull, around 4.5 for subsequent pulls. The first pull is long. The trigger is a short reset trigger, so successive pulls are much shorter
    -Slide lock on last round fired, no slide release, does not really need one either
    -Weights about 24 ounces or so fully loaded. Feels very good in the hand if it fits you
    -Very thin.
    -Field stripping is one of the easiest

A classic. There are other newer 9mm offerings, including the Walther PPS.

There you have it. Let me know if you have other questions?

Im with Jim from Kentucky, Ill take My Bersa Anyday, Not bashing on the Walther but My Bersa Is Completely Reliable,one of the best triggers on the market, and as far as accuracy is concerned,well lets just say I wouldnt want to be shot at with it, Just my 2 cents.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Ditto on the Bersa, I've shot both the Walther and Bersa side by side. The Walther was heavier but had a more quality feel to it. However the trigger in SA mode was VERY heavy compared to the Bersa. The Bersa wins on cost at about 250ish USD compared to 500ish USD for the PPK. The Walther did not like feeding modern non-fmj ammo, the Bersa will eat most anything without fuss. The Walther will bite you at some point, it just will that is what it does, the Bersa shouldn't do this as it has a longer tang to prevent slide bite. Yes the PPK is a very beautiful gun, its what got me into Bersas. However after shooting them both side by side, I decided to buy the Bersa. Take it for what you will.

FYI the Bersa doesn't look exactly like the PPK. If you want a closer cosmetic copy look at the Bersa series 95 or the Firestorm .380. Bersa and Firestorm are the same company.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Series 95 Bersa

Firestorm .380

Not the most flattering pictures but you get the idea.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Here's a review someone posted on the S&W issue PPK:

YouTube - Walther PPK: Review 10-11-08
    Glock 26, Walther P5-C, PPS 9mm, PPK and PPK/S .380, Sig 239 .40, 220 .45, Colt Night Defender, Combat Commander, Pony Pocketlite, S&W model 649, and model 19 .357

Links