I scored a used Glock 17

This is a discussion on I scored a used Glock 17 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked it up tonite. A used G17 with two 10 round magazines. In it's original case with the lock and cleaning stuff. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I scored a used Glock 17

I scored a used Glock 17

I just picked it up tonite. A used G17 with two 10 round magazines. In it's original case with the lock and cleaning stuff.

The gun has had very little use. They said it was a security companies turned in units. They had been used for qualification and not much more. It looks nice.

I did not get time to try it out tonite, but there is tomorrow.

With tax, $465, I am happy. They had 45 of them starting last week (Maybe 10 days). I got number 44, yesterday. By the time my papers cleared, the other one was gone, too.

2. Remove Ads

Summit gun broker is out right now but he had 17's at 385.00 and has glock 22's for 349 w/nite sites and 1 15 rnd mag
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well rain on the mans parade
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

$465 OTD is a great price for a G17. I bought mine new from a small gun shop, in an effort to support the little guy, and got spanked for about $640.

I will never part with my G17; you'll probably feel the same way about yours, once you get a chance to get to the range with it. Congratulations.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

That's a bit high, but you got one in good condition + your happy and that is what matters.

My buddy just got a used G19 for $420. New G19s were going for about $530 lately around here.

The good ol $450 NIB days are gone (for now).

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Price sounds okay from my perspective. I think I paid about $425 plus tax for mine new. About 22 years ago! They've "come down" nicely in price.

Now, quick! Before the bans hit, get out and get yourself at least two of the mags the pistol was designed to use- 17 rounds. Make sure they're "drop free", full metal lined. They'll have the visible metal in a squared (not rounded) notch at the top rear of the mag where the slide strips the round from the chamber.

You will really kick yourself if you procrastinate past the ban and prices for them go well into triple digits as they did last time.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Congrats! Enjoy the new toy and be safe.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Depends on the part of the country you're in, I guess. As long as you like the gun and you're happy with it, the price was fair!

Dan

Ps--Around here, NIB plain Janes are $459 +tax
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Good for you, nice deal. I paid a bit more for mine. Enjoy it.

even if the price was a little high (depends where you are), you now have arguably the most reliable pistol on the market...get yourself some standard-capacity mags and shoot the hell out of it.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

My local PD is selling G34s for 300 in box knowing some of the officers these guns have seen very little action.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

It's nice that Glock is about the only manufacturer that has not raised its prices since November.

They have been $505 at my favorite shop for the last year or so. I got mine on the GI/Police discount for $465 with an extra mag.

Dauff

Administrator
    Congrats. Shoot it in good health.
    Now time for some enjoyable holster shopping?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    glock 22's for 349 w/nite sites and 1 15 rnd mag
    Two weeks ago I paid $399 for a used police trade G22 with night sights with three 15 round magazines, sounds about the going rate.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dauff View Post
    It's nice that Glock is about the only manufacturer that has not raised its prices since November.
    If you can get hold of one, anyway. I read over on another forum that Glock is 120,000 units behind on production right now. I called a local dealer to ask about ordering a G26 with night sights, and was told they're near impossible to get at the moment.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links