Anyone tried the new Sig 238?

This is a discussion on Anyone tried the new Sig 238? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've carried the Mustang for over seven years without incident. This would include pocket holstering, IWB and in the pocket holster. The safety is substainal ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried the new Sig 238?

I've carried the Mustang for over seven years without incident. This would include pocket holstering, IWB and in the pocket holster. The safety is substainal enough that it has never came loose in my pocket or any holster that I've carried it in.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Moondo View Post
    Sig has a release date of April on the P238.
    That means, with any luck, you will see it some time around January 2010.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My department received a flyer for Sigs LE pricing this past week. Officers price for a 238 w/o night sights is $369, $399 with night sites. I'll take a guess and say that they should be able to be had for about $60 more retail.

The rumor mill has it that Sig bought Colt's machining for the old Mustang. From the initial photos, it looks like that could very well be the case.

looks a little 1911'ish. I'll take one.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    A SA pocket gun sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I've never been enamored of the Colt either. When I first saw this I wondered why Sig brought it back from the dead. A SA target gun; yes, a SA pocket gun; no.
    I have to agree.I would like this gun much more if it were DA/SA or even DAO.
    Nothing begins, and nothing ends, That is not paid with moan; For we are born in others pain And perish in our own.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    It's just so ugly... and I do so LOVE Sigs...

Well... not GLOCK ugly, but ya know what I mean... <grin>

I agree with Ripley and Pierced... Gimme the Sig DA/SA... not even Plaxico Burris can pull that trigger by accident...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links