just traded into a taurus pt145

This is a discussion on just traded into a taurus pt145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just traded into a stainless pt145 millennium ( non pro ) ( used ) . I have read both good and bad on thiese little ...

Thread: just traded into a taurus pt145

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

just traded into a taurus pt145

Just traded into a stainless pt145 millennium ( non pro ) ( used ) .
    I have read both good and bad on thiese little beasts , and thought just how damed bad can it be lol . interesting little critter but i couldnt make it to the range today , unshure if i will have a chance to shoot it tomorrow , but ill post some impressions when i get a chance to get out and put a mag or two thro it . I did look for the famous frame cracks , didnt see any tho since its only the polimer cracking i would consider it a cosmetic only issue most likely. besides taurus has that lifetime warrenty dont they lol

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I as yet have zero experience with any Taurus semi - but seemingly plenty of folks rate them. I have 2 Taurus revo's and they have been very acceptable.

I would certainly just for my own interest - always be well happy to read a report from someone - all info for the database!!! So - will relish your feedback when you make it to the range.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The past 15 years I have went thru a few Taurus revolvers and most of them I regret getting rid of. I also had a Taurus PT140. I bought it when Taurus first started coming out with the polymer guns, and I never heard about this frame cracking ordeal.
    I put at least 750 to 1000 rounds thru it, and it was a smooth shooter. A few years later, I kept reading about the frame cracking and I got an uneasy feeling I couldn't shake. So away it went.
    I understand things are better with taurus pistols nowadays....
    Last edited by artz; February 5th, 2006 at 01:01 AM.

Lead Moderator
    I had a PT 140. the frame cracks were more than cosmetic. the gun Kb'ed on me. Taurus did repair it , for the cost of shipping. Kinda made me wonder though, why was the serial # a seperate piece than the frame? I never trusted the gun after the Kb, and traded up for a SA 1911.
    Did they have an idea some might not work ? Hope you have no problems with your PT.

I dont have any EXp with them hope it works out for ya and ohh yeah

Redneck Repairs,

I have had my PT-145 Millennium Pro for over a year now and have shot over 3000 rounds of 230gr. sledgehammers with zero malfunctions. It is incredibly accurate for such a short barrel, recoil is easy on the hands, and I love the 10+1 of my favorite caliver.

Mine backs up my 1911's or is a primary carry at work and around the house.

I will caution you about the non-pro models. They have a history of frame cracking due to the polymer compound formula previously used by Taurus. Hopefully yours won't become a part of that historical data. The Millennium Pro's have a new compound and that addresses this frame cracking situation. The Pro also has a small light rail on the front that you can moune a small light if desired.

Here's mine:
    Attached Images
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tex45acp
    Redneck Repairs,

I have had my PT-145 Millennium Pro for over a year now and have shot over 3000 rounds of 230gr. sledgehammers with zero malfunctions. It is incredibly accurate for such a short barrel, recoil is easy on the hands, and I love the 10+1 of my favorite caliver.
    Just curious tex45acp, is the recoil close to what your full frame 1911A is ?

It's actually a little less felt recoil......at least in my big hands!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Links