This is a discussion on poll time within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've considered this question as well. Here are the issues as I see it:
- Capacity - Glock wins 10 to 8. Also, there are ...
February 14th, 2009 12:48 AM
I've considered this question as well. Here are the issues as I see it:
- Capacity - Glock wins 10 to 8. Also, there are larger mags available for the Glock, but not the M&P.
- Reliability - I give Glock the edge, simply because it has more history and good reputation and the M&P's are still going through growing pains.
- Parts availability - Glock wins easily
- Ease of customization - Glock wins easily
- Size - Glock wins - shorter grip length (from what I can determine)
If the specs and issues were identical I'd buy the M&P since I believe in buying American. Maybe in this case I'd still choose the M&P for that reason.
Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.
February 14th, 2009 01:29 AM
M&P 45c because it fits my hands perfectly.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.
By Eagleks in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
Last Post: June 28th, 2010, 11:19 PM
By OhioPx4Storm in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: April 21st, 2009, 02:43 AM
By paramedic70002 in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Last Post: April 18th, 2009, 04:46 AM
By dbraves8 in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
Last Post: April 3rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
By torontogunguy in forum Defensive Carry Guns
Last Post: June 1st, 2008, 11:40 PM