poll time

poll time

This is a discussion on poll time within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; which would you rather have if you had the choose 1 M&P 45c 2-glock 30 and tell why(conceals best which has better trigger ect.) Saturday ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poll time

poll time

which would you rather have if you had the choose

1 M&P 45c

2-glock 30

and tell why(conceals best which has better trigger ect.)

Saturday is d-day one will be coming home with me. i have had no experience with either and dont have a way to shoot either just fondle.i like them both just want some ppl's opinion that has had some experience with these two weapons.

thanks
    paul

VIP Member
    The M&P has a MUCH better trigger than the Glock!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    i had an MP9 and have shot various glocks before...i'd def go with the MP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I love my M&P9c...and I never really liked the feel of a Glock. but I have heard great things about both.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    The M&P points better for me, therefore I shoot it better... That would be my pick between those two choices.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

M&P if it was me. Not fond of Glocks grip...YMMV
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

another +1 for the M&P; ergos & trigger are way better.

...it won't be long before this thread is overwhelmed by the dark side though.

M&P gets my vote.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I've owned a Glock 23 and currently own a M&P .40c. I much preferred the M&Pc. It points better for me, feels better in my hand and has a better trigger.

Both are solid guns. See which one fits your hand better and try the triggers.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Ok, I will be contrary.

The Glock has a MUCH better trigger than the M&P!

Yes, I am the darkside.

Really though, it is whichever fits best and most comfortable in your hand. The Glocks and the M&Ps are all comparable in sizes, so concealement challenges will be similar.

If you can, try and get a chance to fire them. If not, at least maybe do some dryfiring unless the salesman is going to be anal and object. I personally won't buy a gun if I can't at least dryfire it and get somewhat of a feel for the trigger pull.

Good luck with your decision. Either way, what you choose should be best for you.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Find a place that rents them and shoot both.

I may buy something else but I'm keeping my G30.

Muk

M&P all the way.

The M&P is what a Glock would be if they actually listened to their customers. Has Glock given any options for grip angles yet? Has Glock offered interchangeable backstraps yet? Has Glock offered industry standard sights yet?

I always liked my Glocks, but I absolutely love my M&Ps. (current stable: M&P 40 FS, M&P .357 FS and M&P 9c... M&P 9 Pro Series soon)
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    M&P all the way.

The M&P is what a Glock would be if they actually listened to their customers. Has Glock given any options for grip angles yet? Nope. No need to, just like all the other manufacturers don't do either for their models, although I will give you that Glock does cast nearly all their weapons from the same mold which makes them a little behind the curve in variety. Also consider, there was some recent statistics on grip angles posted on the forum not to long ago and it turns out, the grip angles are all so close that it is almost a non-issue. Once again, it goes back the comfort level of the shooter.
    Has Glock offered interchangeable backstraps yet? Nope. Once again, Glock does seem to be behind the variety curve and I think this probably would be a good move for Glock. However, interchangable backstraps are not everything in the world.
    Has Glock offered industry standard sights yet? YES! They have always offered their industry standard sights for their gun, just like anyother manufacturer will do. Industry standard sights is very subjective.

I always liked my Glocks, but I absolutely love my M&Ps. (current stable: M&P 40 FS, M&P .357 FS and M&P 9c... M&P 9 Pro Series soon)

Don't get me wrong, M&Ps are fine guns from all appearances and reports to date (excluding those little non-important issues like the magazine droping out of its own volition while a person is shooting, or that they were rusting and corroding just from the sweat of a days carrying, etc.)

All things considered, Smight & Wesson finnally got a polymer gun right without getting sued for patent infringements.

You know what the biggest complaint I hear about M&P's are though from some people who consider them. They complain that the ergonomics suck (even with the different flavors of backstraps) and that they like the feel of the Glock better. My wife happens to be one of them, and I really tried to encourage her to consider one given all of the positive reviews.

Bottom line to the OP, feel both of them up as much as you can, try to go out and shoot them if at all possible. Go with what fits you best and makes you feel comfortable.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I would rather have 2 G23 than 1 M&P 45

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    +1

and the XD is better than both. IMHO
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links