What would be your pick?

This is a discussion on What would be your pick? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gsx I've tried the snubby. The only down fall is the cylinder dia. I needt to keep it as concealed as possible ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would be your pick?

Quote Originally Posted by gsx View Post
    I've tried the snubby. The only down fall is the cylinder dia. I needt to keep it as concealed as possible. It also needs to be 100 percent reliable. I am leaning toward the Kahr cw9. Like I said before I am willing to listen to other ideas though.

gsx
    re: the part I bolded...Why? What I mean is: Are we talking absolute need for "deep concealment" like smart-carry or ankle-rig or is this just "I want a small gun because I don't want to carry a big one?"

As far as reliability, either a Glock or a J-frame is going to be the best in that department. The Glock would be my pick for "shootability" and capacity.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

2. Remove Ads

I have the p32 and would like to up the bullet size a bit. I don't want a full size pistol for cc. The Bersa and Kahr both are about the frame size I am looking for as well as offering 9mm.

gsx

Distinguished Member
    Take a good, long look at a Kel-Tec PF-9. Single stack, 9-mm, point and shoot platform, very thin, weight is good, life time warranty, and if you notice very few threads or posts that have reliability issues with them.

Mine is a straight shooter, the only bullet weight I have shot with mine is 115 grain, and I think they can run with +p ammo.

Best part----under $300.00

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Lead Moderator
    For a single stack I would suggest the Kahr or a Walther PPS. Big enough to shoot, small enough to carry and comes in a 9mm caliber.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links