Summer Gun...

Summer Gun...

This is a discussion on Summer Gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a BUG/Summer Carry gun. I have gone from Kahr K9 to Sig 232 to Ruger LCP. I am looking for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer Gun...

Summer Gun...

I have been looking for a BUG/Summer Carry gun. I have gone from Kahr K9 to Sig 232 to Ruger LCP. I am looking for all options, and would love some ideas or comments on guns listed. I want to stay around 9mm or .380.

Well I want an auto, no more than 700. I carry a Sig 229 in .40 right now. I mainly want it for a pocket gun that can just disappear in my pocket. I dont know if the 232 can do that?
    Last edited by wine6978; February 14th, 2009 at 10:33 AM.

VIP Member
    I carry a Kahr CW9 and a S&W 642 in the summer. If choosing from this list I'd probably go with the 232.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I just bought a Sig P232 for summer carry. I've only put 100 rds down range with it, but so far, no failures and the gun functions perfectly. You cant go wrong with a Sig in my opinion.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I have a Ruger LCP for summer carry, drop it in a pocket holster or IWB at 4:00 and it disappears.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Lead Moderator
    Walther PPS for me.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Kel-Tec P-3AT is my gun of choice for light clothing. Sometimes I dual carry with a S&W 642. I'll IWB one and pocket the other, depending on what I'm wearing and what I'll be doing.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

If I'm carrying the bare minimum for summer wear then it is a P3AT and PF9 Kel-tecs (I usually carry two). The P3AT in a Rough Out pocket holster and my PF9 in a Double Snap or Quick Clip.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I tried owning both the LCP and P3AT. They're just too small for me, I guess I just don't like mouse semi-auto guns. For a concealed carry summer gun I would go with a J Frame revolver or a Glock 26.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Last summer I carried a Kahr CW9 in an IWB holster under a T-shirt. 9mm in a very concealable package.

Take a look at the XD9 sub-compact.

I dont change, Glock 23 year round.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    I dont change, Glock 23 year round.
    +1 (although in my case it's either a 19 or 17).
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

A P-3AT or LCP is perfect for me in the summer. Even a PF-9 or Kahr 9mm would require me to dress differently. For me, both size and weight matter.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    J frame M&P 340 or 642, you forget they are there, even when you are working or fishing.

Bersa .380CC
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links