Why I carry a Glock

This is a discussion on Why I carry a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd Thing is, this is one guy on a forum who is a fanboy. He has no actual proof that the gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I carry a Glock

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Thing is, this is one guy on a forum who is a fanboy. He has no actual proof that the gun worked after these tests and in one video it jammed constantly from the "sand test" and required tap&rack to get it to feed and fire.
    First, the correct term is "malfunction". And as he stated in his Arfcom thread, he doesn't consider a pistol that can be immediately put back into action a failure. In the case of these torture tests, I agree.

Next up, you've all but accused him of lying. You might want to consider the source a bit more carefully. The man owns ADCO Firearms LLC, a highly respected full service firearm shop in Ohio. They are well known and highly respected Nationwide. Suppliers of most everything from 1911's and Glocks to AR15's, with a rep for great prices and really top end Customer Service.

No, I've not dealt with them myself (a phone call or two over the years). And I have no affiliation. I have just spent WAY too many hours on line on various Forums and have read the many accolades from happy customers. And the one thing I haven't read ever? A dissatisfied customer or someone impugning them or their business practices.

On top of all this, the man has no axe to grind. He's got no special vested interest in selling you a Glock. He can sell you whatever you want!

Hey, I'm a 1911 guy. That's my daily carry. I DO have a Glock 17, 19 and 26 that I've got thousands of rounds through, and years carrying. But I'm still stuck on the work of the legendary JMB. Just so you know where I'm coming from....
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

The only problem with carrying a Glock:

Having to shell out an extra $60 - $120 for metal sights in order to replace the lego sights that come with the Glock.

good, keep carrying a Glock.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Because you couldn't afford a nicer gun?

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    First, the correct term is "malfunction". And as he stated in his Arfcom thread, he doesn't consider a pistol that can be immediately put back into action a failure. In the case of these torture tests, I agree.

Next up, you've all but accused him of lying. You might want to consider the source a bit more carefully. The man owns ADCO Firearms LLC, a highly respected full service firearm shop in Ohio. They are well known and highly respected Nationwide. Suppliers of most everything from 1911's and Glocks to AR15's, with a rep for great prices and really top end Customer Service.

No, I've not dealt with them myself (a phone call or two over the years). And I have no affiliation. I have just spent WAY too many hours on line on various Forums and have read the many accolades from happy customers. And the one thing I haven't read ever? A dissatisfied customer or someone impugning them or their business practices.

On top of all this, the man has no axe to grind. He's got no special vested interest in selling you a Glock. He can sell you whatever you want!

Hey, I'm a 1911 guy. That's my daily carry. I DO have a Glock 17, 19 and 26 that I've got thousands of rounds through, and years carrying. But I'm still stuck on the work of the legendary JMB. Just so you know where I'm coming from....
    Doesn't matter to me. Anyone can go on a forum with some pictures and say "guess what?" you know.

Any gun can fail. And as Larry Vicker's own testing shows, the same gun may fail the same test once and do well another time.

Last, lets stop with the need to correct everyone and everything on proper terminology. We're not in school here . The meaning won't change.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

No one - unless they are fighting in a war and maybe not even then - is going to indirectly put any pistol they own through a fraction of what he directly put his pistol through. That being the case I feel 100% confident that with regular maintenance any quality pistol will perform to its full potential.

It is cool that he did that test to show the "reliability" of the Glock pistol but realistically no civilian will ever need a pistol capable of handling the abuse he put his pistol through. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your gun shouldn't be reliable. But that test is somewhat illogical.

I think the test could have been better if he maybe would have used a minimum of 3 of the exact same guns - 3 trials instead of 1. I'm sure there are some extremely minute differences between the guns that a manufacturer produces, in other words none are equal. Maybe that one was just built perfectly.

Anywho thats my 2 cents. Not trying to talk Glock down in anyway shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Thing is, this is one guy on a forum who is a fanboy. He has no actual proof that the gun worked after these tests and in one video it jammed constantly from the "sand test" and required tap&rack to get it to feed and fire.
    So the Glock FAILED the sand test?

The XD test I posted said that sand only made it cycle slow, but never malfunctioned!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    Term for bullet stuck in barrel is a squib load. Next round fires and the pressure causes a KB (KABOOM!). Can happen with SOME Glocks more often as they can have chambers that are not fully supported (i.e. a weak spot where hot loads could explode the brass.

exactly why i will never buy a glock

Silencedogood,

AMEN!

I carry Glock for more objective reasons like these and subject reasons that you and I seem to share!
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Took me awhile to get on the Glock bandwagon, but since I have, I have no regrets and love my G21! Best shooting pistol I have ever had and in my opinion one of the best tactical carry pistols. Love having 13 rounds of 45 ACP, and have never even heard of a failure in one, let alone in mine. I'm a Glockaholic for life!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Because you couldn't afford a nicer gun?
    I've had a glock 19 since 1993 and put over 10k rounds through it (conservative estimate) I never detail stripped it and never had a ftf or fte ever.

I don't know what gun could be NICER than that?

Except.... maybe.... the G30 that I just traded my G19 for

Muk

Another Glock fan here. Got mine 6 months ago. Saw the video a while back and although it was fun to watch, it never made me want to try it to mine!

All I know is what works for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links