Why I carry a Glock

This is a discussion on Why I carry a Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mods, if this has been posted feel free to delete, but i couldn't find it. Check out this guy on GlockTalk. A real torture test. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I carry a Glock

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar

Why I carry a Glock

Mods, if this has been posted feel free to delete, but i couldn't find it.

Check out this guy on GlockTalk. A real torture test.
    I think my 21 has proven its durability - Glock Talk
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Glocks are known for their superb reliability even under adverse conditions. What that man did to his G21 is not something I would do to my Glocks or any firearm for that matter, but it is good to know they can take that kind of punishment and still work.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

hadn't seen that in a while (at least it looks like one I've seen before...).

but yeah, Glocks work when a lot of other stuff doesn't. They may not be exactly perfect, but they're about as close as a man-made mechanical device can be.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

After shooting, I'll wipe off the outside of my Glocks with a dry cloth. I seldom strip and clean them. Never had a problem with any of them. Mine should last forever.

I'd like to hear all the Glock haters and bashers comment on this. I have seen tests like this done on G17's and G22's with the same results. I don't remember ever seeing any similar tests done on any other make of handgun.

Who's got the popcorn?
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Yep, it was Bigbore's test. I was reading his saga when he was in the middle of it.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

You can find this drivel with pretty much any fanboi gun. Here's the XD version

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    You can find this drivel with pretty much any fanboi gun. Here's the XD version

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY
    I'm impressed by this review.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

I've you have only seen that thread then you have missed the second half of the story. In November he dug it up after leaving it buried in the yard for a couple of years. AR15.COM :: Forums :: Anyone remember my Glock 21 thread?
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-H. L. Mencken

The only thing I can say about it or anyone that would do this to a gun on purpose is, what an idiot.

Why would you go and attempt to destroy something for the heck of it whether it is a gun, an auto, a tool or anything else for that matter.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    The only thing I can say about it or anyone that would do this to a gun on purpose is, what an idiot.

Why would you go and attempt to destroy something for the heck of it whether it is a gun, an auto, a tool or anything else for that matter.
    You find enjoyment in shooting your pistols, yes? So does he. He used that gun for three gun matches during all the testing, up till the ~2 year burial I guess. He also found enjoyment in seeing what all this pistol could take and still come out shooting. It is not like this was his only pistol. He owns ADCO, which is an FFL, so I doubt that getting another pistol would be a problem.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Glock baby!!

WAS A LATE CONVERT TO GLOCKS...BUT I'M SOLD ON THEM. STILL LOVE MY 1911's, BUT THEY DO REQUIRE A LITTLE MORE TLC THAN THE AUSTRIAN TUPPERWARE. FOR THE RECORD, WHEN A 1911 IS KEPT AS CLOSE TO JOHN BROWNING'S ORIGINAL CONFIGURATION.....THEY WORK. UNFORTUNATELY 1911's are like Harleys and no owner wants to leave them stock. It's the "stupid"mods that kill the 1911. The Glock because it DOES NOT owe itself to too much tinkering is LEFT ALONE usually and works like a framing hammer!! Having said that I think the G19 and G26 are the ultimate carry pieces especially with the advances in 9mm ammo the last few years. "They take a lickin' and keep on tickin' "
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Very impressive. Almost changed my mind, but then I remember the day at the range with a rental glock. fired 2 mags the next mag the first bullet fired and then the second jammed so bad that the range manager was so surprise he actually first accused me a user error. I explained the situation and he said I was lucky it didn't explode (i know there is a term for this but can't think of it at the moment). So although I do believe that glocks are a superior tool, this incident just reminds me that even perfect is not always perfect.

Term for bullet stuck in barrel is a squib load. Next round fires and the pressure causes a KB (KABOOM!). Can happen with SOME Glocks more often as they can have chambers that are not fully supported (i.e. a weak spot where hot loads could explode the brass.

Thing is, this is one guy on a forum who is a fanboy. He has no actual proof that the gun worked after these tests and in one video it jammed constantly from the "sand test" and required tap&rack to get it to feed and fire.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links