Malfunctioning Beretta Tomcat 3032

This is a discussion on Malfunctioning Beretta Tomcat 3032 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has a tomcat and the slide keeps jumping off the rails also having some trigger issues. Doubt she has more than 100 rounds ...

Thread: Malfunctioning Beretta Tomcat 3032

Malfunctioning Beretta Tomcat 3032

My wife has a tomcat and the slide keeps jumping off the rails also having some trigger issues. Doubt she has more than 100 rounds through it. Where can you send it for repairs (beretta ? Local to you?) Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

2. Remove Ads

Personally I would not send it to anyone but back to Beretta. It should be covered under warranty.
    God & Guns!

if it is a new gun i would check with the dealer first where you got the gun. then check with berretta. i have not heard of this with a beretta. i got several and never seen this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I don't have a beretta but you need to contact beretta and tell them about the problem,either the gun has a defect or your not putting it back together right after field stripping it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think the Tomcats must be the lemons of the Beretta line. Check the Beretta forum, there are plenty of cases with cracked slides etc..

do you have a link to their forum?

Never mind found it. Found a picture that showed a cracked frame. looked a little closer at the wifes...cracked frame
    Attached Images
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why it is called, Present.

Beretta is closed today. oh well, will call first thing in the morning.

Also for clarification, the picture in my last post is the crack in my weapon
    Last edited by sawyerrt10; February 16th, 2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: clarification

EW3
    I was thinking of adding a Tomcat to the collection sometime.

Not any more. It seems like the cracking frame is a real problem with this gun.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Got in touch with Beretta this morning and got all the shipping info. Only thing is it's out of warranty Any ideas on what replacing the frame might cost?

It may be "out of warranty" but with the problem Beretta's having with the slides of Tomcats cracking-even with minimal use in some cases, they should not only fix/replace them for free, they ought to bear the cost of shipping. Ruger does it and they have no written warranty.
    Only An Armed People Can Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    ...Aristotle
    NRA Life Benefactor Member

Deb
    My TomCat (which I love) also had the slide jumping off rails issue you described. It is operator error, usually observed after cleaning or taking apart.

Have your wife open the tip up barrel ALL the way and push down on the rail until she hears it 'snap' into place. Sometimes, after cleaning if you forget to snap it back into place, it will appear to separate or 'jump the rail'. HTH.
    Lifetime NRA Member

HK P2000 SK

Was contacted by Beretta today, the tomcat is unrepairable. They are sending me the new Beretta Tomcat IONX No cost to me! They had said it would take 8-10 weeks before they could even look at it! Looking like it will be 6 weeks door-to-door.!!

Links