Got my first GLOCK (and another gun)

This is a discussion on Got my first GLOCK (and another gun) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think this is the right forum to post this sort of thing (I can rationalize it). By a wonderful twist of fate, I brought ...

Thread: Got my first GLOCK (and another gun)

Got my first GLOCK (and another gun)

I think this is the right forum to post this sort of thing (I can rationalize it).

By a wonderful twist of fate, I brought home two new guns to day. The first; a GLOCK 36. It's a single stack, sub-compact .45ACP. It carries 6+1 and is the most comfortable sub-compact (read: the only comfortable) I've ever held. The mag has an extension that places the grip more in the compact size category. It's about the same length and height (with the mag) as a 19/23 but is a bit thinner.

And now, for something completely different - (here's where the rationalization comes in).

The second gun is a Walther SP22 M2. It is a .22 target pistol with a 6" barrel and a grip that feels great in my hand. I'm including it in this thread for two reasons.
    1. I got it with the GLOCK, so it snuck into the Defensive Carry Guns forum.
    2. My big guns are way too expensive to shoot as much as I want, so I've been searching for a good .22. I've never had a problem with recoil; the thing I need to keep in practice is sight alignment and trigger control. I've also found that I build muscle memory very fast (at least in my trigger finger) - I stick to striker fired guns now. The SP22 is the only .22 that I could find that has a trigger like my XD, M&P (and now GLOCK!). Though it doesn't have a trigger safety, it does have about the same travel and weight as my other striker fired guns. So, it should help me put a lot of rounds down-range and keep my training up on my defensive guns as well <rationalization complete>.

To my knowledge, Smith & SA don't make .22 conversions, so the Walther is a close proxy. And, it's another gun, so that's never a bad thing!

I'm planning on taking them both to the range tomorrow for testing, and I'll post a separate range report in the appropriate forums.

I've posted a couple of pictures to tide you over. I have really bad lighting for photography though. I'll take some better pictures for ya'll tomorrow.

Oh, and mods, please feel free to re-route this thread if it's in the wrong place.
    Attached Images
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the new toys!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Sweet! Be sure to give a rang report on that walther. I have been curious about those.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

yeah i want a walther .22 as my next gun for those exact same reasons. let me know how it shoots :)

Congrats on the new guns. I carry a Glock as well. I'm a big fan of practicing w/ a 22. I take my Ruger MK1 w/ me to the range every time I go. I normally shoot 50 rounds in the Glock after shooting 100 rounds in the Ruger. Saves a bundle of money.

Congratulations. I always take my Ruger 22/45 with me to the range. Shoot a few 100 9mm in the Glock then switch to the 22. It saves a lot of money. The P22 is a nice gun it just does not like the cheap 22 ammo.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats on the new arms. The Glock 36 is my favorite ccw. I carry it 24/7, in fact, I own two of them. I bought one and then had an opportunity to get another one on an even trade for one of my safe queens, so I did it! Here are the twins:

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I am a big fan of .22 conversion kits. Got one for my Glock 27 and love it. You should be able to get them for other Glocks as well. The conversion kit allows you to practice using the "real gun" but at a much lower price. Accuracy is in line with the unconverted gun.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

congrats on your buys.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

You can read my range report on the GLOCK here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1027316
    You can read my range report on the SP22 here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1027442
    Last edited by Exodus; February 15th, 2009 at 11:31 PM.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Links