Defensive Carry banner

Mil-Spec pics ... finally!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  gregarat 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got the chance to clean up my SA Mil-Spec and take a few quick pics. Only thing I changed here was replacing the SS grip screws that were on it with blued hexheads.

After the pics I replaced the grip panels with a Hogue mono grip. I'm outta practice with the .45 so the monogrip will help out with recoil absorbtion until I get comfortable with it again ... then I'm thinking custom wood grips are in order! :yup:
Jack

See less See more
#4 ·
Just realized the pics are a bit small. I was focused on getting them under the 244Kb size limit and just used 4"x6" as a ballpark format. Next time I'll try it at 600x800 res.

Hopefully the new Wilson's slide stop will be in shortly as it seems the current slide stop is also binding the plunger spring and making it tough to disengage the thumb safety - not good. After that I'll try to de-fang the grip safety and hammer and get it back to the range, hopefully things will go much smoother.
Jack

#5 ·
I was focused on getting them under the 244Kb size limit and just used 4"x6" as a ballpark format. Next time I'll try it at 600x800 res.
Jack - The pics show as being 55 PPI - which is odd but anyways - if you use 640x480 size that would be good - 800 pix on max will make stuff scroll horizontally for many folks.

Even the 640x480 should compress down fine to not much more than 50k and still show well. Ignore the ''physical size'' - inches - just plan by pixel size, it's all that counts on the web.

Those are certainly adequate tho even so as you have them - but at 90k are bigger files than needed - that size would go down to 40k and still look as good.

#6 ·
Jack,

For wood stocks, might I suggest the cocobolo stocks from http://www.woodgrips.com/.

Price is reasonable at $39.95 a pair, plus a buck for shipping. Delivery time is fast., 3 to 5 days tops.

I just received a pair of their half checkered style for my Colt Combat Elite. Very nice!

#7 ·
maclean3 said:
Hopefully the new Wilson's slide stop will be in shortly
Are you going with a extended slide stop? Is this going to be a carry gun? I so I wouldn't recommend a extended slide stop.
But all in all, she looks pretty good, my mil-spec is very picky about what mags it likes, the only ones I have found to be totally reliable are SA mags (had problems with Wilson 47D not dropping free).

#12 ·
Thinking strongly about these:
http://www.inventorscolony.com/collinscraftgrips/detail.php?ID=339

Black Ash Burl ... Schaa-Weet!
I believe this is the same maker that Stephen Camp bought his S&W revolver grips from in his recent thread. Something about burled wood just makes me drool.

I'm not putting extended slide stop ON, I'm traking one OFF. :wink: Getting the std. Wilson's Bulletproof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.