CCing the Beretta 92F - Page 2

CCing the Beretta 92F

This is a discussion on CCing the Beretta 92F within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wmhawth I don't carry my Beretta 92 often but when I do it's done comfortably with a Beltman belt, a Galco Combat ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CCing the Beretta 92F

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I don't carry my Beretta 92 often but when I do it's done comfortably with a Beltman belt, a Galco Combat Master and a pair of Perry suspenders. As others have said, the belt/holster combo is the key and for me, the suspenders distribute the weight and prevent sagging of gunbelt or pants. An adequate cover garment is needed for concealment and I'm good to go. I do like the Beretta. Mine is the Brigadier.
    My wife has the 96 (.40 S&W) Brigadier Elite IA , very nice shooting pistol (IMO)

Just picked up one of these the other day. I appreciate all the input on here about how to carry it. I to will be looking at the Galco holsters, I like the angle on the Combat Master. But first I gotta find some cheap ammo to go break it in. Yeah sure cheap 9mm haven't seen any in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Risque007 View Post
    A buddy of mine was showing me the ropes on a Beretta 92F that he owns. Amazingly enough, this is the first time that I've handled a Beretta and I loved it! But it seemed like it might be a bit big for CC. What do you guys think? Anyone here ever CC a Beretta 92? I figured a shoulder holster would be the best way to go.
    I Carry my 92fs (same size) in very good holster (Alessi) with a thick shark-skin belt and most important for me: a pair of Perry's Suspenders, adjusted so that half the weight of gun is taken by shoulders.

These are great suspenders, hook in a second to your belt and can be found here: Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore

These make all the difference in the world CCWing a full-size gun. Mine conceals well under an open leather vest. Feels very comfortable.

(By the way, I am not a big honcho. I'm 65, 5' 10", 135lbs.)
    Last edited by detective; February 13th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.

This is probably kind of late for the OP, but I agree that if you dress around the gun you can conceal almost any sidearm if you're willing to do what it takes. I also heartily second the recommendation for the Perry suspenders! I find it pretty hilarious after years of making fun of my dad for his suspenders that I finally bought a pair of my own. But they really do help support a gun belt. I got the kind that clips under the belt, not to the pants, and they work very well. You can wear your belt a bit looser too without feeling like your pants are gonna fall down.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I am easily able to conceal my 92A1 when wearing a poncho.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    My wife has the 96 (.40 S&W) Brigadier Elite IA , very nice shooting pistol (IMO)
    ooooo.... those are beauties!
    Aceoky likes this.

Beretta has been in business something like 400 YEARS! Can you believe that? And as a gunmaker all that time.

They make really good looking and very well made guns. My 92FS is a "Ghost" (some Inox came out about 10 years ago with Beretta-logo gray grips and has stainless controls; known as the "Ghost")

Had it about 2 yrs, never once has it had failure to fire, load, extract - zero malfunctions on any ammo.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now I just bought this one in .25 Cal. I wanted a teeny gun. Used 1994, works great. I have bad hands and while I can Carry and shoot some other low-recoil guns, this is now another. Or it can be a "running-to-the-store" gun. Besides, couldn't resist, it's cute - well engineered, I like the style; the barrel pops-up, you load a round in it, put in loaded mag, and are set to go, no need to rack the slide. Shoots DA/SA, my favorite action, no need to put the safety on. Just point and shoot. It's really small but easy to shoot unlike some tiny guns, fits immediately perfect in the hand, no groping for a good handhold.

wmhawth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    This is probably kind of late for the OP, but I agree that if you dress around the gun you can conceal almost any sidearm if you're willing to do what it takes. I also heartily second the recommendation for the Perry suspenders! I find it pretty hilarious after years of making fun of my dad for his suspenders that I finally bought a pair of my own. But they really do help support a gun belt. I got the kind that clips under the belt, not to the pants, and they work very well. You can wear your belt a bit looser too without feeling like your pants are gonna fall down.
    Exactly! And you can also avoid pulling your belt so tight to keep your pants up you can barely breathe. Who needs it. Perry's Suspenders at $15/pair or thereabouts are the ticket. You can also get very strong ones, made for construction guys who carry lots of tools on their belts. But the standard strength work fine for me. They look good too!

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    ooooo.... those are beauties!
    Thank you, she really loves that pistol!

Your two are sweet !
    detective likes this.

I think there are much smaller and easier/more comfortable guns to conceal on the market that would probably suit your needs. If you WANT to carry something that big then that is your choice but I just can't help thinking that after doing it for a couple weeks you will be looking for a new CC piece.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

detective, nice guns there. I have a 96fs duotone on layaway. I really like the way that tomcat looks. The bobcat version has caught my eyes.

I carried a 92 FS while serving in the military. I preferred a shoulder holster for most duties. I CC a Glock 22 during cold weather and if I can hide that, a 92 should be cake. If you dress appropriately and wear a good belt and holster you can carry anything comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I think there are much smaller and easier/more comfortable guns to conceal on the market that would probably suit your needs. If you WANT to carry something that big then that is your choice but I just can't help thinking that after doing it for a couple weeks you will be looking for a new CC piece.
    I CCW it about 3 or 4 times a week, alternating with others. Been that way for 2 years. It's OK, really, gun feels light the way I have secondary gear to go with it.
    See, it shoots great, so it's worth it. I want something I can shoot accurately, get out and on target quickly, and be on target with fast, multiple shots - in likely the worst situation of my life if IT ever happens - and one I can trust not to screw up. My 92fs has all that, hell why not have it on hand IF... a good hunk of the time.
    Eric357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I don't carry my Beretta 92 often but when I do it's done comfortably with a Beltman belt, a Galco Combat Master and a pair of Perry suspenders. As others have said, the belt/holster combo is the key and for me, the suspenders distribute the weight and prevent sagging of gunbelt or pants. An adequate cover garment is needed for concealment and I'm good to go. I do like the Beretta. Mine is the Brigadier.
    Doesn't it feel strange wearing a belt and suspenders? I thought it was a one or the other type deal...
    detective likes this.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    You know, oddly, the weight of the Beretta 92A1 and extra mag I carry hasn't bothered me a whole ton, but if I carry my Shield the day after carrying the Beretta, suddenly the little guns are zero trouble. I don't always carry my Beretta, but it's nice to carry something every now and then that really makes you appreciate your smaller guns.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links