CCing the Beretta 92F

CCing the Beretta 92F

This is a discussion on CCing the Beretta 92F within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A buddy of mine was showing me the ropes on a Beretta 92F that he owns. Amazingly enough, this is the first time that I've ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CCing the Beretta 92F

CCing the Beretta 92F

A buddy of mine was showing me the ropes on a Beretta 92F that he owns. Amazingly enough, this is the first time that I've handled a Beretta and I loved it! But it seemed like it might be a bit big for CC. What do you guys think? Anyone here ever CC a Beretta 92? I figured a shoulder holster would be the best way to go.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

JD
    Administrator
    I carried one for a while, it was my road trip gun, I carried it mainly in a shoulder holster while on the road, but it I also carried it IWB as well. It's a larger gun, but it can be concealed with a good belt/holster combo and appropriate dress.

Absolutely, like JD said good belt/holster combo.
    Your good to go.

I CC a full sized Sig P220 and P226 at times, no problem.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I owned a 92FS Inox I used to carry on my early morning exercise path. Ok, I won't kid you; it is a large gun and concealing it can be sporting but it is possible.

I eventually quit carrying it in favor of packing my PM9 while I'm out exercising before day break, but the Beretta still has a special place in my collection.

Trying to conceal a 92FS went a long way toward showing me how easy it was to conceal any gun that size or smaller. I now feel comfortable carrying my HK P2000 or my XD45.
    "To win at warfare you must kill the enemy", Clausewitz

I couldn't imagine IWB carry for a 92F, but I don't find IWB comfortable with any gun!! I have carried mine in a good pancake holster, a good belt is key to CCing larger guns.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I tried for a little while recently - IWB carry.

My side would start hurting - where the end of the barrel is.

I'm pretty thin, and whenever I stooped over or bent down - it kinda stuck into my muscle.

I went back to my main carry - a USpc 45. The barrel on that is much shorter.

I don't carry my Beretta 92 often but when I do it's done comfortably with a Beltman belt, a Galco Combat Master and a pair of Perry suspenders. As others have said, the belt/holster combo is the key and for me, the suspenders distribute the weight and prevent sagging of gunbelt or pants. An adequate cover garment is needed for concealment and I'm good to go. I do like the Beretta. Mine is the Brigadier.

Ordered a Milt Sparks 55BN pancake holster in horsehide or mine. But now I gotta wi 16-20 weeks. Yikes! Been through several cc pistols, but the full-size Beretta still feels best in my hand.

Cheers,
    Tom

I will carry a 92 on occasion mostly in a Galco shoulder holster. It is very comfortable that way. I have carried it on my belt either IWB or OWB. As
    others have pointed out, a good belt and a good holster is a must. The Beretta 92 is a very good gun. I trust it completely.

I carried one for almost 3 years - 365 days a year. IWB at the 3 o'clockpositionw a sthe onlyw ay I could manage it... Not a big guy, either (185lbs/6'1"). I did it even in the summer with a t-shirt on....

I had a groin injury at the beginning of this year, and i no longer could tighten my belt tight enough to hold up the weight. I started to pocket carry a M&P Shield after that.

Now, I am recovered, but admittedly have grown a bit lazy. I prefer the 92 over the Shield - but for such a small gun, I can shoot the SHield amazingly well. So, at this point, I haven't gone back to the Beretta. I CAN carry it concealed. But I will admin - it's not that comfortable. The gun doesn't stick me - it's just that I have to wear the belt so tight to hold up the weight.

I wish I could carry mine. I know small fries like me that do (5'8" 150lbs) but I just can't seem to manage it without drastic changes to my attire. I open carry it around the house whenever I can so it doesn't feel left out. It was my first gun and still is my favorite.

Just noticed my earlier post on here - close to 4 years ago. Since that first post, I did carry one for a longf time (as per my 2nd post)

Carrying big metal guns...

I don't own the Beretta 92 but have fired one and am familiar with it. I do have a Sig P226, which is a metal framed gun of similar size and weight to the Beretta, and I have carried that a few times. I used a Galco Combat Master holster, a OWB pancake holster that positions the gun at a good cant behind the hip. As long as your cover garment is large enough, you can certainly conceal the gun. It is a good feeling to have a full size gun with large magazine on your hip, as opposed to the compact or subcompact guns we often carry for the sake of concealability.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I don't own the Beretta 92 but have fired one and am familiar with it. I do have a Sig P226, which is a metal framed gun of similar size and weight to the Beretta, and I have carried that a few times. I used a Galco Combat Master holster, a OWB pancake holster that positions the gun at a good cant behind the hip. As long as your cover garment is large enough, you can certainly conceal the gun. It is a good feeling to have a full size gun with large magazine on your hip, as opposed to the compact or subcompact guns we often carry for the sake of concealability.
    My sentiments exactly. I also carried a Sig P226 in a Kramer horsehide OWB hi-ride holster. Kramers are outstanding, and mine carried the pistol very close to my body. Don't know what I'll do with that holster now that I've got the Beretta...

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I've been wondering about this. I'm not a big semi auto person but th Beretta 92 has really caught my eye.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links