642 ladysmith - Page 3

642 ladysmith

This is a discussion on 642 ladysmith within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs ROFLMAO @ (no) CLASS3NH never quit marketing bud lol Naaaaaaaaaaa...........Bruce was lookin for a 9mm colt.......i found one..........NOW......if I was ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 642 ladysmith

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    ROFLMAO @ (no) CLASS3NH never quit marketing bud lol
    Naaaaaaaaaaa...........Bruce was lookin for a 9mm colt.......i found one..........NOW......if I was able to make commissions on my sales........I'd be rich..........Just trying to help out some good friends within the Forum and being silly and good hearted at the same time...gotta love it ya know LOL
    BTW......ya never know when you might be lookin for something........we just might have it ..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Lmao yea i do , i got my circle of reprobates out here too , just most of them are not computer folks , we do the same LOL that is why i had to give ya a ration of ... well you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Lmao yea i do , i got my circle of reprobates out here too , just most of them are not computer folks , we do the same LOL that is why i had to give ya a ration of ... well you know lol
    I know what ya mean LOL.........That's why we have a great Forum here.....lotsa good people........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    A snubby .357 will be just as bad but with more pronounced muzzle flip.
    No doubt that the 357 would be harsher, but the beauty of the 357 is you can carry 38's in it, so its a more versitle gun IMO. She really likes my SP101 357, but wants something lighter, so whats compairable, but lighter to the SP101?

I used to have a 642. It kicks quite a bit, and with higher grain loads, my hand would be sore after 5 shots. Painful to practice with, yet requires extra practice since it it harder to be accurate with.

Make sure she tries it out first.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

The regular 642 (what I have) has a little different finish and shorter, Uncle Mike's boot grips. I used mine to qualify for my permit and it's great for carry IWB or in a jacket pocket. I don't mind the recoil at all but I know lots of folks do. I'd think if you & she decide on the 642LS just keep in mind the trigger can be smoothed out and Pachmeyers (sp?) added later if needed.

Around here the 640 runs a good bit more expensive than the 642 but that and the 60 are all steel so shooting .38spl (std. or +P) should be lighter in recoil with the extra weight.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    gideon , you do us a disservice here , tho i agree with a lot of what you said i dont agree with the statement " I can sense a subconsious desire on this site and others, to get people into bigger guns because of personal bias"
    Sorry if I offended any, certainly didn't mean too! I should have chosen a more eloquent way of expressing my perception. And, after all, it's only my perception or opinion and we all know what one man's opinion is generally worth

I guess what I've noticed is how devoted carryer's tend to congrugate around forums like this because of a common interest and I would guess they tend to carry larger weapons and shoot the larger calibers on the whole. So I could see why when asked for opinions they might recommend what they'd consider to be more ideal calibers and platforms that for others can be too large or too heavy. So I stand properly chastised

And I have to agree with one of the last posts about the .357. It would give the flexibility of starting with the .38 and she could alwasy move up...

God Bless

Gideon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links