My new CCW, Kahr PM9

This is a discussion on My new CCW, Kahr PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just picked up my new Kahr PM9, Black with night sights. Iím very excited about it. I will take it out and shoot it tomorrow ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new CCW, Kahr PM9

My new CCW, Kahr PM9

Just picked up my new Kahr PM9, Black with night sights. Iím very excited about it. I will take it out and shoot it tomorrow and let everyone know how it does. I've heard allot of stories about this gun (good and bad) so Iím going to post my experience with this gun. So far itís exactly what I expected to be, small and light weight and expensive. Mine was $750.00 and lucky to find one. No one had this model in the Phoenix area; I've been looking for weeks. I bought this from Gunbroker.com on the internet. (Itís an auction sight). I have even been hunting around the area (Wal-Mart) for cheap ammo but there has been such a run on 9mm ammo every time I go there sold out. Finally found one store and bought all they had. (Six boxes, 300 rounds) I will keep you updated.
    * Armed Forces, Keep America Free *

2. Remove Ads

Look forward to the range report, be sure to take some pictures to post! Congrats on finding one, I've never shot a PM9 but I'm under the impression you made a fine choice.

Also, welcome to the forum!
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

I think you will like it.
    It is not a target poking tack driver but it will throw some lead down range and in the target!

LOVE my PM9....glad you found some target rounds. What kind did you buy? I normally put Winchester White Box through mine but had to buy the Blazer Brass bc I haven't found my normal WWB anywhere. I have yet to try it through the gun, but from what I've read it should be just as good. I'd recommend Corbon DPX 115gr +P, or Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 124gr +P for SD, my PM9 loves either. Can't wait to see that report!! With LOTS-O-PICS
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new pistola.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I get 90% of the ammo I use, other than what I reload, from Natchez. The prices on CCI Blazer are less than Wal Mart. Yes you pay for shipping but no sales tax. If you do not reload you can also use the aluminuim cases which are $1 less per box.

They also run great specials. Today I got an email with UMC .223 ammo 200ct box for $74.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Congrats on the PM9, and IMHO the coolest configuration (DLC black + night sights). I bought mine on GunBroker too. Really lucked out, found it for $650 (I thought they'd made a mistake!). Most were around the price you paid.

Like mine a lot, right now around the house it's in my bathrobe pocket (not dressed yet! ) in a Nemesis pocket holster (A good choice for some applications like a robe or a jacket, a bit thick for jeans pocket carry, thinner holsters out there). I expect you're going to like it.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I love my DLC, night sight PM9. I think you will too. As far as accuracy, tests have shown it shooting 2" groups at 25 yards. And my experience has truly impressed with its accuracy for a mouse gun. With proper trigger control, it is as accurate as a 4" service pistol over the distances I plan to shoot.

Congratulations!

love my pm9 also.. Put about 2-300 rounds through and you'll really love it..

I have had my PM9 since Sept and put maybe 500 rounds through it. The Hornady TAP 124g shoot excellent. I carry the weapon in a Milt Sparks VM11 (jsut got it a month ago after 25 week wait)(worth it) most concealable gun in the world. I like mine a lot. Very pleased with it. No problems at all. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I get 90% of the ammo I use, other than what I reload, from Natchez. The prices on CCI Blazer are less than Wal Mart. Yes you pay for shipping but no sales tax. If you do not reload you can also use the aluminuim cases which are $1 less per box.
    Blazer Brass at Wally's in TN is 8.97 + .10 fee + .83 tax = 9.90
    Natchez is 9.98 + shipping.

- OS

Follow up Kahr PM9 #1

Thanks for all the responses, I went by and picked up an extra 7 round mag, like the extra one that comes with it. Cost $44.00, sounds like allot of money but, I couldnít wait, I had to have it. I also bought Super Thumb #ST3 (speed loader) $7.95. You get what you pay for, but it works without putting too much pain on your loading thumb.. On line would have been cheaper but, sometimes you gota do what you gota do. Anyway on to the range. I grabbed paper plates, tape and magic marker. This is what happened.
    I had some ammo lying around. A box of Winchester white box 9mm luger 115 gr FMJ. I only took 21 rounds of this stuff with me. (two seven round mags,one six round mag and one in the chamber) WOW is this a cool pistol or what? Bang, Bang, Bang. No misfires no failures and very accurate. I was shooting at 10 yds (30ft, thatís along way for a gunfight) everything in the plate. I'm very impressed, and all this out of a pocket gun.
    I reloaded with the cheaper ammo, Blazer Brass 9mm luger 115 gr FMJ. Iíve heard all the stories about the minimum of 200 rounds just to break it in and become a reliable life saving gun, all because of the tight tolerances required from Kahr. I had also heard some say that they had problems with Jams and failures to eject until after the break in period, then they had no problems.
    After shooting 200 rounds of the Blazer I had ZERO, I say again, ZERO failures to fire. How could you not like this? The book says that you need to lock the slide open, put in the mag and then release the slide, using the slide release button. It also says not to manual pull back on the slide and release it in order to load a bullet into the breach. (it wonít load properly) I had to find out on my own. They were right, I tried it three different times and each time it wouldnít push the bullet into the chamber, but on the second attempt to manual rerack, it loaded all three times. They are some pretty smart people over there at Kahr.
    I did order a #5 pocket holster from Fist in leather $39.95 ( Untitled Document ) I like the idea of a thumb push. My thought was to see after I get it, if I could put some belt slots in it, so I can carry it on my hip while I'm at the range. I really liked the ZULU holster from Graham holsters. I hope I can make it look like that. ( http://www.grahamholsters.com/pocketholsters.htm ) I let you know after I get it. Fist says there is not enough room to do it???? I would have ordered the ZULU but they are having problems with their orders, Delays up to 8 or 9 months. (Thatís out ) I'm also looking for a rear pocket duel mag holder. ( nothing I like so far )
    Here are some picks, I hope they come out. I also invested in a good knife made by S.O.G model # AE-06 in Digi Camo, I really like it. ( SOG Aegis (Digi Camo) ) I will keep posting as things change.
    Attached Images
    * Armed Forces, Keep America Free *

Congrats on the new PM9. I just bought mine about a week ago and took it out for a test drive Saturday. I ran 200 rounds of Winchester white box through it without a single problem. I ordered a DeSantis Nemesis holster which should arrive tomorrow in the mail.

That is a very nice little 9mm you got there!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Great pistola, the PM9.
    Keep it clean and lubed on the wet side.

The only "failures" I've had in maybe 600 rounds of all kinds of ammo is a few times on mag change; the Kahr mags are bad to have the top round jiggle forward (or even jiggle all the way out of the mag). If that top round isn't seated well in rear of mag and isn't pointing upward, it will tend to nosedive low into the feed ramp).

Though I mostly carry XD SC daily anymore, I still revert to Kahr in the pocket in heat of summer on walks, or if I have to dress up.

- OS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links