.380 crazy!!!

.380 crazy!!!

This is a discussion on .380 crazy!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So...has anyone else noticed all the highly concealable .380 semi-autos that are hitting the market??? I wanted to create a thread that lists many of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .380 crazy!!!

.380 crazy!!!

So...has anyone else noticed all the highly concealable .380 semi-autos that are hitting the market??? I wanted to create a thread that lists many of the new & current pocket .380's that are now or will soon be available. Now, I'm not posting all .380's, only if they can really fit easily in a pocket. If I can I'm posting pictures so everyone can see what they look like.

Kel-tec P-3AT

Ruger LCP

Kahr P380 - not yet available

Comparison b/w the Kel-tec & the Kahr

NAA Guardian

Seecamp 380

Bersa Thunder 380 CC - a tad on the large size but could fit in my pockets

Magnum Research ME380

Sig P238 - not yet available

Taurus TCP 380 - forgot this one will be coming out soon

I didn't list Walther's new PK380 or Sig's P232 because they both are a tad too large for most pockets. I also didn't list the offerings from Jiminez or Cobra or other Jennings-type company since I am biased to crappy guns made with crappy materials...just being honest.

I am curious to know what folks think of these 380's in general. I used to own a P3AT. I sold it for a PM9, but with all these offerings I'm tempted to get back into a pocket .380...my excuse would be that it would be for the wife. Not sure if she'd buy that, but it sounds good.
    Last edited by ev239; February 17th, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

VIP Member
    Have you heard when the Sig P380 will be available? Looks like a good pocket/deep concealment gun.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

JD
    Administrator
    Well, as I've stated in the other thread on the Sig 238, I'm planning on getting one when they are available and I get my requirements in IA squared away. I generally favor metal framed guns to poly, and I love my Mustangs. I hope this sells well and Sig makes models in the other two sizes that Colt offered in the .380.

If my Mustangs run well, the Sig variant should do just fine. Sig fit and finish/updates on a Colt design, what's not to like?

The new Walther PK380 is being really highly anticipated. There has been much talk about it around gun shops. I think the feeling is that it fills a nich in between the 9mm luger and the .32 ACP for those people who feel the .32 ACP is underpowered and want the compact size of a compact semi-auto with a little more power. I own a Bersa 380 and it is a nice pocket pistol which I feel is good for SD. I am finding though that ammo for these guns has become more and more difficult to find and is more expensive then the 9mm luger. At this point I'd rather have another compact 9mm luger then another 380 I can't shoot because ammo is too expensive. Hopefully, with more 380s on the market the ammo might become more plentiful if manufacturers become motivated to produce more.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

The people at Sig told me they expect it to be out this summer.

VIP Member
    I have gradually become a big fan of the .380. It isn't for everyone, and most aren't fun or target shooters, but they are great for pocket, ankle, IWB, fanny pack; and the newest ammo described on this site with controlled expansion and good penetration make them excellent for carry. I actually own a .40 which carries "almost" nicely in my pocket, but misses the mark by about 1/2 an inch and a bunch or weight.

There's a reason why the .380s are having a resurgence. They fit a real need.

I love my Bersa Thunder .380 Plus :)

EW3
    Yes...and have you noticed the corresponding national shortage of .380 ammo? You literally cannot buy it anywhere!

Out of your list, I have the LCP (back at Ruger as we speak) and a Bersa 380CC, which can fit in the pocket (I have a "chopped" Desantis Nemesis PPK holster) but is a bit large for that. The Bersas are really getting noticed as a good, reliable .380 for a relatively low price.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Administrator
    Good thread. Members will appreciate the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Yes...and have you noticed the corresponding national shortage of .380 ammo? You literally cannot buy it anywhere!

Out of your list, I have the LCP (back at Ruger as we speak) and a Bersa 380CC, which can fit in the pocket (I have a "chopped" Desantis Nemesis PPK holster) but is a bit large for that. The Bersas are really getting noticed as a good, reliable .380 for a relatively low price.
    I'm having a hard time just getting reloading tools and supplies for the .380. Dies and bullets are hard to find, I'm on backorder at several sites and I'm just waiting to see who gets them first.

The newer and improved ammo and all the new gun owners looking for a small and easy to carry gun is giving the .380 new life. Also the gun makers are listening to the gun buyer's demands for small lightweight guns and are making better guns to meet those demands.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

The first time I saw the ME380, I thought "Whoa, where's the barrel?" At the same time while it is funky looking, I actually like that it doesn't look like all the rest. Pictures do help.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

My Sig P232 IS fun at the range!
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dudester View Post
    I love my Bersa Thunder .380 Plus :)
    +1!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

it the p3at for. love the one i got, would like to have a second one for the wife.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Magnum Research ME380

I handled one of these at the last gun show I went to and this gun is a sweet little gun. it even felt good in my hand and i have pretty big hands.It's lite too.but,it's expensive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links