Sure Sights anyone?

Sure Sights anyone?

This is a discussion on Sure Sights anyone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried Sure Sight aftermarket sights? I like the idea of them, but am hesitant to drop $100 unless I'm confident I'll be happy ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By M1911A1

Thread: Sure Sights anyone?

Sure Sights anyone?

Has anyone tried Sure Sight aftermarket sights? I like the idea of them, but am hesitant to drop $100 unless I'm confident I'll be happy with them.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I haven't tried them, or even seen them in person, but these would not work for me. I've been using normal iron sights for so long, and acquire them so fast, I would have nothing to gain from these. I'd just get confused.

Other than that, they are HUGE, and sharp cornered...not a good choice for carry IMO. They are going to snag, and they are going to wear your holster more...if they even work with your holster...

-Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Uhm......yeah. Stick to the tried and true. Get a set of Heinie ledge or 10-8 performance sights. All metal, all business.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    ? That thing looks like a hood ornament!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Don't 'dis it without looking more thoroughly

Ya'll are saying the sight is a beast and that it's too sharp, etc.

Obviously you haven't looked at their website and seen how it fits in a holster.

Please, I want info from users, not just bashers who've never heard of them.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Easy there big fella. My objection to the sight is based on experience. Albeit brief. They, in my experience, do not come up as fast as the more traditional sights do. This is due, at least in part, to the human eye being able to pick up/align certain things faster than others. As Bill Murray would say, "That's a fact jack!" Ask any neurologist that specializes in sensory issues. I did when researching which sights to adopt for working weapons at work. A bright front sight with a plain black rear seems to be the fastest for fast work. The same combo that allows for judgement of "equal light, equal hight" seems to work the fastest for precision work.

With all things being equal, YMMV. Thats why they make chocolate and vanilla. And in the case of Sure Sight, tutti-frutti.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Check this out

I have seen these before, never personally used it but from the couple of people I knew that tried these out. They said they worked well but they had problems with some holsters fitting.

Something that I have tried and am getting ready to buy a set for myself it the HexSite.
    http://www.goshen-hexsite.com/index2.htm
    While I was shooting at the range, a gentleman next to me was shooting down and low left of center on his target's center. So I peaked over to maybe recommend something until I saw the sight on his gun and totally changed my thought process. He explained to me the concept you can find on the website. He let me dump a mag on his Glock 19. Each shot was fired as if I had drawn from a holster and I was shooting within a half second of bringing the gun up and was not focused on the sight but the target and my shots were spot on where I was looking. Very cool concept. I can't wait to order a set and try on my XD.
    "Most people respect the badge. Everyone respects the gun."

Choice Freedom, Stay Armed!

Quote Originally Posted by coriantan View Post
    Ya'll are saying the sight is a beast and that it's too sharp, etc.

Obviously you haven't looked at their website and seen how it fits in a holster.

Please, I want info from users, not just bashers who've never heard of them.
    I suggest that you try them as you obviously like the concept and don't want other shooters opinions, just the results of others trials. What works for me or others may or may not work for you. Give them a try for yourself and let us know how you like them.

Just looking at the web site, it looks like a good concept, but they also look like they are tall sights with a pointed front sight which I personally would not even try as I would be afraid the pointed sight would be a hinderance. If you like um, buy um.
    NRA life member.

I have handled a gun with Sure Sights on it, and liked them. The front sight seems large, but seems to clear holsters just fine.

The only reason I never bought a set was the fact that they seem to be perpetually backordered. I've just decided to go with the Glock night sights, since they're readily available and do the job well.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Ahhh...the much-touted Miracle of the Week.
    No gadget, no gimmick, no brand-new magical sighting apparatus, will ever replace the need for lots of practice using tried-and-true technology of the simplest kind.
    The Sure Sight will actually be slower to use because it works against the normal operation of our eye/optic-nerve/brain system.
    The Hexsight is just another "ghost ring," which doesn't belong on a practical combat pistol.
    What these devices do best is separate money from the credulous.
    jem102 likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Thank you all for the advice. Especially the advice on the latest Miracle.

I think I'll hold off for now and just keep practicing with my current sights.
    ~Coriantan~

Look at XS Big Dots. That thing in the pic is hideous. It wouldn't last long going in and out of a holster.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Member Array Detachment_Charlie's Avatar

Exclamation

I have a set of these on my XD45. I've used them for more than a year.
    Are they faster on target? Yes.
    Do they require some getting used to? Yes.
    Are they target quality sights? No.
    Are these "social" use sights? Yes.
    Do they play well with holsters? Yes, for me, using a High Noon Slide Guard and a Bianchi IWB, no problem.
    Should you buy them? I don't know.
    Should I recommend them? No. I advise you to check out the comments on XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source! - Powered by vBulletin in the "Sponsors/Advertiser" forums and make your own decision.
    Caveat Emptor
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

funny, it makes sense to me. Kinda like Trijicon center triangles in their scopes.

Distinguished Member
    I've also looked at these but I've read some horrible stuff about the product never shipping but your plastic has already been charged. Keep digging for information and be cautious.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Sponsored Links