New CZ choice

New CZ choice

This is a discussion on New CZ choice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just joined, first post, and need advice already! My daily carry is usually my CZ RAMI .40 cal and I'm thinking of picking up another ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CZ choice

New CZ choice

Just joined, first post, and need advice already! My daily carry is usually my CZ RAMI .40 cal and I'm thinking of picking up another CZ for both home defense and daily carry. I'm torn between the CZ-75B in .40 cal and the CZ-75B Compact .40. The compact would be easier to conceal but the full size is awesome! I have nine handguns and will be trading or selling some of them to get down to just one caliber, .40 cal. That is the one I shoot best, especially from the Rami. What do you think? All advice appreciated! Thanks, Terry

I picked up a CZ 75B in 9x19 at a real good price intending to try it out for giggles and then trade it off and break even.

I've since bought 5 magazines and a Milt Sparks holster for it and have plans for a Kadet kit. I'm even thinking of hard chroming it and getting some Viking grips.

I have to say although the internal working is a little rough it shoots like a dream, looks snappy, and is a nice pistol. I don't like it as much as the XD but it's a darn good gun. I've used it to learn how to respond to a pistol that demands C&L carry (although the CZ itself doesn't).

I've read where people say it's just too big, but I personally do not find it hard to carry at all OWB. I wouldn't want to carry it IWB because of the hammer poking into me.

I personally do not badly want a smaller CZ having owned the larger one. If I saw one at a ridiculously low price like the full size was I might try it.

I have heard, and it's probably an internet rumor, the .40 version is prone to misfeeds.

Thanks, Euclidean! I have heard the full size .40 cal had a problem with misfeeds but that seems to have been resolved, according to the folks at the CZ Forum. My Rami has 940 rounds thorough it, all factory loads, without one single burp! Only other gun I have I can say that about is my XD-9 service model! My Rami carries nicely in my IWB holster from HBE Leatherworks, Eric Larson does excellent work. I don't know if IWB with a larger gun would work for me. Too many pizzas slaughtered late at night! Strong side OWB seems best. Thanks!

VIP Member
    Terry....if you can find a CZ-40B on the cheap, I throw up my endorsement of that gun. I managed to get one NIB under $300. Accurate, was available cheap ($269 at CDNN when they had them), and reliable.

The bad thing about the gun....it's discontinued (it was a limited availability gun).
    Last edited by srfl; February 7th, 2006 at 04:34 PM.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Hey, I'll do some looking for a CZ-40B and see what I can find! Thanks!

czman,
    If you're looking for a pistol for home defense & daily carry, I'd go for the 75B Compact. The smaller size will make it more versatile. I have the P-01 (similar in size, but 9mm, with aluminum frame and decocker), and it is very easy to conceal.

I've heard that CZ will be introducing a version of the P-01 in .40cal this year, so you might want to wait for that. It should be the same as the compact .40, but with an aluminum frame and DA/SA with decocker.

For more info, you might want to check out www.czshooters.com and www.czforum.com.

Assistant Administrator
    Terry - not to cut across Dirkster's suggestion but - if this gun was to be HD oriented then personally I'd pick full size.

I am ''large and heavy'' by choice even for daily carry - main reason being greater stability of platform plus usually a capacity bonus. Then too in some cases - a smidgeon of extra reliability as, the more we go compact, the more possible are function issues.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by DirksterG30
    czman,
    If you're looking for a pistol for home defense & daily carry, I'd go for the 75B Compact. The smaller size will make it more versatile. I have the P-01 (similar in size, but 9mm, with aluminum frame and decocker), and it is very easy to conceal.

I've heard that CZ will be introducing a version of the P-01 in .40cal this year, so you might want to wait for that. It should be the same as the compact .40, but with an aluminum frame and DA/SA with decocker...

A CZ P-01 in 40 S&W... sounds like my 40P! If you can find one, the 40P is an option you may want to consider and they still sell for around $300-$350 when they're offered for sale, but less than 1,500 were made, so they are getting scarce. IF you do get a 40P, go to the CZForum and get one of the stainless steel, full length guide rods one of the members sells.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders
    A CZ P-01 in 40 S&W... sounds like my 40P! If you can find one, the 40P is an option you may want to consider and they still sell for around $300-$350 when they're offered for sale, but less than 1,500 were made, so they are getting scarce.
    Actually the 40P is sort of a hybrid - P-01 frame and a 40B slide. The .40cal P-01 would have a shorter slide & barrel. I had the 40P before I bought my P-01, but I ended up selling it (dumb mistake! It was worth a lot more than I paid for it!) If you are OK with a DA/SA decocker, that would definately be a good choice.

I have one! How bout a,

CZ/Dan Wesson CBOB?

Just Kidding, wanted to mix it up alittle! I'll go to the corner now.

Ti.
    Attached Images
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders
    A CZ P-01 in 40 S&W... sounds like my 40P! If you can find one, the 40P is an option you may want to consider and they still sell for around $300-$350 when they're offered for sale, but less than 1,500 were made, so they are getting scarce. IF you do get a 40P, go to the CZForum and get one of the stainless steel, full length guide rods one of the members sells.
    Another vote for the 40P. Very inexpensive, very reliable with few if any FTF's. You will see some trash the trigger but that is overrated, the trigger smooths out nicely after a few hundred rounds. At least mine did. Only downside for some is the decocker. Ditto on the guide rod, worth the upgrade as the flimsy plastic one is junk. Other than that a great gun for the money IMO.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.......LUKE 11:21 NIV

CZman2006

Just joined CC forum, excellent resource. I recently purchased a CZ 75B in .40 and will be adding .40 RAMI soon for CC.

9MM/.45?
    Considered 9mm but after hours of research am sold on the .40, accurate, good penetration (165gr Rem Golden Sabre) and expansion with less recoil than .45 for quick target acquisition.

The RAMI in .40 will go CC.

The RAMI in .40 that I had was a snappy recoiling little finger biting *****. I took it back after one magazine and traded it for a P-01. It is the BEST 9MM handgun I have ever carried in the DA/SA vain. I am looking to get a SP-01 to just round out the stable. I build custom Browning HPs, which I think is one of the great combat/defense handguns of all time, and I will grab the CZ before the custom HP that I built for myself for just a great, light, accurate little carry gun. I think that .40 is a great caliber, but I would rather just use a 9MM for a smaller gun and then grab my 1911 for real stopping power. The debate will rage forever. And also, the recoil and recovery from a commander length 1911 in .45 ACP will be twice as fast as the twisting tornado that the RAMI is in .40. It is an excellent smaller carry gun in 9MM,, but the .40 is way to torquey and twisty for me. One of the most uncomfortable guns that I have ever shot.

jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I have a CZ DW Bobtail and it,s a great pistol. Comfortable to carry and easily concealed. The quality of workmanship is excellent and it feeds anything I put into it. And best of all it's a major caliber. It's my carry gun when I go into border towns. I've found that Novak, McCormic, Wilson and American made 1911 mags work great in it.
    CZ is making great guns now in other than the traditional 75s.

Jungle Work

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Now if the CZ40B were just chambered in .357SIG.............
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links