P99c QA!

P99c QA!

This is a discussion on P99c QA! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife gave me a new P99c QA 9mm for Valentines day! I have been able to run about 300+ rounds through it so far ...

Thread: P99c QA!

P99c QA!

My wife gave me a new P99c QA 9mm for Valentines day! I have been able to run about 300+ rounds through it so far and I love it No jams and not a single failure to fire. We should have our CCWs within the month! I can't wait to get back to the range

I got her a PPK/S .380. I have read about a few issues but we haven't had any in the first few hundred rounds and she loves it. I gave her the choice to of anything she wanted and the PPK/S was her favorite. This one was manufactured in January '09 so hopefully they resolved whatever the problem was.

los
    CONGRATS on a great Gun,..and a wonderful Wife..!

..and WELCOME to the Forum.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

That is a well thought of firearm in the rest of the world or so I hear...just never quite caught on here it seems. The ones I have handled do seem to have a nice feel to them. That PPK/s is a classic.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I rented as many guns as I could get my hands on while shopping and the P99c QA hit the spot. It is everything I was looking for and fits my hand perfectly. It feels like it was designed for me. I would recommend it to anyone who was considering a pistol especially for CC.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The Walther P99c QA is a very under rated CCW IMO. It is accurate, easy to shoot well and is reliable. The only complaint I ever had was that the pointy mags made loading more difficult, especially those last few tight rounds. Other than that minor nothing, you've got a world class pistol.

does the P99c feel like a P22 in ones hand? I have a P22 for plinkering and it fits my paw perfectly. If the grip is similar I will buy one too.

VIP Member

Not really, P22 P99 comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle007 View Post
    does the P99c feel like a P22 in ones hand? I have a P22 for plinkering and it fits my paw perfectly. If the grip is similar I will buy one too.
    They are very similar in appearance but that is about the end of it. Not a good comparison. If nothing else, there is a big difference in weight and dimension. I don't think it is possible to fairly compare a 22 lr with a 9mm or .40. Different things.

I've had a P99c A/S since 2005 - love it... Had the slide hard chromed too...

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I've had a P99c A/S since 2005 - love it... Had the slide hard chromed too...

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get the slide hard chromed? What are the benefits of having that done, other than the fact that it looks really sharp?

I have 2 P99's and from what they say about the Tenifer treatment it is supposed to be 85% more durable than hard chrome.

Anyone with some long term use of both could let us know if this is just hype or truth !
    bosco

bosco

Part of the lack of love for the P99 was the poor rendition that S&W did for their P99. I have heard of a lot of problems with the S&W including the one I used to own, but mostly good stuff about the Walther. Why the disparity I am clueless. BTW, probably the best handgun grip I have ever felt.

Sponsored Links