Single stack pocket Glock!!! Let's get it built!!

This is a discussion on Single stack pocket Glock!!! Let's get it built!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK...we all know the usual suspect of companys out there who are making small single stack pocket autos for SD guns. It has been said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK...we all know the usual suspect of companys out there who are making small single stack pocket autos for SD guns. It has been said out there by many of us and other on other forums...that we ould buy a single stack G26, 27, 33, etc. A single stack mini auto in a fighting caliber with Glock's historic reliablity and ruggedness...oh the possibilities Why don't all of us Glocksters make a full blown campaign of it and try to get rid of the rumors of Glock making them and badger them until they do. I definitely would be the first in line. Anybody with me???
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator

You have much to learn grasshopper.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The little boy inside this big man still likes to think big things can happen if you just wish and dream hard enough...can you blame me for wanting it? Sixto...Do you think it won't work logistically and mechanically or just due to Gaston's notorious stubborness?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I just ordered a Kahr PM-45 and three hundred rounds of WWB ammo. You let me know how your campaign goes, and I'll post how my first trip goes at the range next week.
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I think glock better come up with a interchangable grip first.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Well, it doesn't interest me, because my Glock 26 IS a pocket gun, at least for me. I've been carrying it in a Nemesis holster for a long time now. Whether it's in jeans or cargo pants, to Dockers, it works just fine. Whenever I can get to qualify, I'll add my Glock 30 to my CCW, and it will replace my G26.

But it would still be a Glock.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Sixto...Do you think it won't work logistically and mechanically or just due to Gaston's notorious stubborness?
    Oh it could be done... heck Kahr did it. Glock could be raking it in if they made two more guns; a single stack 9mm or 40 like you described and a carbine. But, Gaston is no sell out and he takes it to the extreme. I applaud him for not going after all the goofy gimmicks the other manufactures have gone to and kept building no nonsense combat pistols.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Does the G36 not fit the bill?

Its not exactly a pocket gun, but its nearly identical in size to the G26, is a single stack, and offers 6+1 rounds of .45ACP

I like mine.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

I have it on dubious authority that Glock is one step ahead of you.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I would buy one especially if it was chambered in .45 ACP!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

He he he...I have three of those Glocks you describe

Two 26's and a 36.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    OK...we all know the usual suspect of companys out there who are making small single stack pocket autos for SD guns. It has been said out there by many of us and other on other forums...that we ould buy a single stack G26, 27, 33, etc. A single stack mini auto in a fighting caliber with Glock's historic reliablity and ruggedness...oh the possibilities Why don't all of us Glocksters make a full blown campaign of it and try to get rid of the rumors of Glock making them and badger them until they do. I definitely would be the first in line. Anybody with me???
    Good luck and don't hold your breath.

I have met people who have actually talked to Gaston Glock in the past and all of them say the same thing: the guy is a Jackass.

He designed the gun, he likes it, he will not make significant changes to it for any reason. Heck, the last real "change" in the design was the stupid finger grooves they added to the 3rd gen models. He didn't like that.

If he'd haul his head out of his backside he might see that he is losing market share to companies that actually listen to their customer base and respond to requests and concerns. Springfield, S&W, Walther, Sig, Ruger, FN, just to name a few, all now have models with MUCH more ergonomic grips and the added ability to fit the gun to the shooters hand via interchangeable back strap inserts. Glock? Nope. But wait...they have 2 models, YES 2, with slightly slimmer frames in the grip area. Give me a break.

Now, the 4th gen will be here soon, with FISH GILLS!?!

Glocks will not go through a major redesign or improvement until Gaston is no longer part of the company either by real retirement or death. Until then, expect more of the same.

And don't think I am a Glock hater. I own a few. Until 3 days ago, I carried a G23 every single day, even at home. But, there is an XD .40 service size model on my right hip now. The G23 is relegated to the role of back up carry gun and extreme hard use carry gun and that's only because the XD is too pretty to sweat on or get real dirty.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

i used to think that way about a single stack glock,but in my quest for the perfect ccw gun it is a glock. i do wish the g30sf was a little thinner and i know the g36 is but i like and shoot the g30 much better. my EDC is a g26 and it fits my lifestlye perfectly. ooh and tn_mike i handle one of those newer glocks with fish gills and i must say i cant wait tell they make them in other models beside the g22,i will be getting some.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I doubt Glock will make any serious changes to their design as they have sold thousands and thousands of them in their current production design. They must be doing something right if they have a good portion of the LEO market and foreign military contracts. Why change a design if its selling the way it is?

Now if they weren't selling that many, then maybe it would be time to consider some changes, until then, I see no need for Glock to change anything. Handguns are "personal" firearms, they are not meant to be for everyone. The market is flooded with high quality designs which are every bit as good as Glock, if not better in some cases.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links