Input needed on a new gun

This is a discussion on Input needed on a new gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I just picked up a Taurus PT24/7 in 9mm with 2 17rd mags and a 1 box of ammo for $200.00. He has had ...

Thread: Input needed on a new gun

Input needed on a new gun

So I just picked up a Taurus PT24/7 in 9mm with 2 17rd mags and a 1 box of ammo for $200.00.
    He has had it for two years.
    Did I mention it has never been fired

I guy I know is moving to cali and wanted to sell it.
    I've heard a few mixed reviews on Taurus and wanted to hear what some owners say.
    I was wondering is it worth keeping or since I got a pretty good deal should I look at trading on something.
    My soon to be wife is currently carrying my 642 in her car and I was thinking she needs a little more firepower on hand.
    So it would not be used for carry.
    Watcha think?
    Last edited by cdwolf; February 19th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

If you don't want it I'll buy it from you for a car gun.

How is your leg.

Tommy
    SASS LIFE
    LEAA
    BOLD#252
    NRA LIFE
    RO I & II

VIP Member

Thumbs down

I don't know much about Taurus, but a friend bought a 247 PRO about 2 months ago and has put around 300 rds through it. He said he's had jams, FTFs and FTEs. All with Blazer Brass .40, I use Blaser Brass for practice in my Sig P220 .45 and have never had ANY problems what so ever. Just my .02’
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I owned and carried one for a few months. I would still own it if it hadn't been stolen. The gun was plenty accurate and ate every type of ammo I put in it, even blazer aluminum cased stuff. Depending on the age of the gun you might need to change the front site. The one installed on mine was to tall from the factory.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

OK looks 50/50 I don't like that too much in a self defense weapon. I guess I'll feed a few boxes and see which end of the spectrum this one ends up.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    OK looks 50/50 I don't like that too much in a self defense weapon. I guess I'll feed a few boxes and see which end of the spectrum this one ends up.
    Id sell it and and get another 642 if you want more firepower. i dont think its a keeper, sell it and get something you like better. you could prolly get 300 or 350 for it too. taurus fanbois seem to like em.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

Links