final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs - Page 2

final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs

This is a discussion on final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CCW class in KY started with the assumption that you already KNEW the basics of gun safety and how to take care of your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My CCW class in KY started with the assumption that you already KNEW the basics of gun safety and how to take care of your weapon. My instructor had us take apart our weapon and if we couldn't put it back together (some actually couldn't do it) then they were given their money back and sent home with the pieces of their weapon in a sandwich bag.
    The class was given to provide you with an understanding of the laws and how and when to exercise your right to defend yourself.
    BTW, I carry a striker fired pistol and trust it implicitly with my life and the life of my children. This is after over a thousand rounds with no failures, though I do practice for failures.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

well, as i said before, i will definately look into further defensive shooting training beyond the chl class. i will also make sure to ask about onehanded racking if its not already addressed.

as i also said before, im not knocking glocks, and now that i am aware of onehanded racking training, im sure glocks can make great realiable dc guns, but am i convinced they are as reliable dc guns as a revolver or a sig? No. nor are alot of other critical thinkers capable of seeing beyond all the glock hype.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

Administrator
    The ice that this thread is treading on is getting thinner.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Dude, people are happy to help and offer opinion. If you have a specific question then go ahead and ask it. But threads that are blatently combatitive toward specific equipment, guns, or people don't stay open long.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Anyone this worried about the perils of striker fired misfires probably has just as many things to worry about with other autos as well.

What do you think about "cocked and locked"?

How about carrying with one in the chamber?

How about no safety?

If you are this paranoid about things you are probably a candidate for revolver carry.

Hey, wait a minute! That's me!

If I get a misfire I immediately click again - on a fresh round. (One of the advantages of revolver carry).

If I misfire on a couple in a row I'm running for the hills - it's probably not my day for a gunfight.

Is this guy Gecko45s cousin???
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    My PPS's are winners. So is my Glock. So is my XD. And even basic WWB ammo is 99.999% reliable. Gecko Junior must be taking his Sudafed too close to bed time to be dreaming this stuff up.

My point exactly siafu
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

After thousands of rounds fired through a Glock over the last 15 years or so, and carrying one as my primary duty weapon, BUG, off duty weapon, and now CCDW weapon I can honestly say that having to do a one handed rack, or clear a jam of any kind hasn't been an issue, as I've never had a single jam from my good ole' G22 or G27.

As for that, I can say the same for my Sig229, but I haven't shot near as many rounds through it.

I did have a S&W snub lock up once on me though, cylinder wouldn't turn, wouldn't open; I had to send it back to S&W to be repaired. It was a brand new snub .38, and I had only shot a box or so of ammo through it. They said it had a timing issue from the factory. Repaired it free of charge, but there was no way to clear that jam, so don't foolishly think wheel guns are absolutely trouble free, rare problems yes, but they can have issues too.

Clearing a jam from an auto including a one hand rack, regardless of make, isn't exactly rocket science anyway.......

If it is really such a concern, buy a Glock or Sig and you shouldn't ever have a problem anyway. Check out the Kimber SIS, it has special designed sights made just for this very thing.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

I've been reading this thread and the closed one that spawned it. Guess I've been provoked into making my SA comment on it. With the talk about striker fired pistols failing to fire and all the talk about crazy chimps getting shot in the news, should I be worried about a chimp tearing my hands off and possibly needing to know how to shoot it with my toes? And if so, should I use a revolver?

Obviously just kidding.
    Last edited by cms23; February 19th, 2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: clarity

Might want to stick with a auto if you have to use your toes. That first pull on a revolver might be too much for your "tosies"!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

JD
    Administrator
    Closed for review, stand by. And just for the record, when we close a thread, it's generally NOT a good idea to start another one of the same topic.

DC Founder
    I would encourage each of our members to understand that they are freely express their opinion about such things, but declaring them as the final word on something is not received very well here. Regardless of what your experience is there is always someone here that has more, either individually or collectively. I believe this one will remain closed....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links