final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs

This is a discussion on final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; fact is Ive just been trying to see whats the best all round, all situation ccw. from what I gather, that all depends on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs

final conclusions about stiker-fire CCWs

fact is Ive just been trying to see whats the best all round, all situation ccw. from what I gather, that all depends on the individual and their specific circumstances and training. If your trained enough to quickly rack your autopistol onehanded, then thats great! I would say the glock is probably your best bet for a ccw. if your not so good at that technique than I would probably go with a sig, or an hk. if your not proficient with onehanded racking but are a really darn good shot under stress, two or one handed than Id say a 5 shot snubby would be your first choise.

carry what you want, im not here to criticize what people like, im just throwing this out there is all, and all things considered, I'll look into shooting training classes as well as onehanded racking.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I don't rack. There is already one in the "pipe".
    Why do you want to carry without on in the chamber? That is Hollywood stuff. It will get you killed.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    I don't rack. There is already one in the "pipe".
    Why do you want to carry without on in the chamber? That is Hollywood stuff. It will get you killed.
    Semper Fi
    I'm going to divert this a bit further just for fun.... Did anyone see last friday's episode of Terminator where she points the Glock to the back of the doctor's back and you hear the "click" of a hammer?

sorry, back to the regularly scheduled arguement

"Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I thought this got locked this morning, this is a silly discussion; are you really that concerned about ammo failure.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...heres-why.html
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

the original thread was me playing devils advocate, im not trying to troll here, I am genuinly open to counter arguments and got a really good one in the idea of onehanded belt racking if that one in onehundred million of a chance situation. i just want to learn more about how best to CC, whats the best gun for me in my current level of training and my size, what the best carry method, what the best holster and holster method. etc.

im not new to guns or shotting, but am completely green when it come to conceal carrying, so i am just considering all things, playing devils advocate, so as to inspire serious thought and consideration. and so far Ive read some very good ideas from here. I hope more keep coming.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

Quote Originally Posted by newmenu View Post
    the original thread was me playing devils advocate, im not trying to troll here, I am genuinly open to counter arguments and got a really good one in the idea of onehanded belt racking if that one in onehundred million of a chance situation. i just want to learn more about how best to CC, whats the best gun for me in my current level of training and my size, what the best carry method, what the best holster and holster method. etc.

im not new to guns or shotting, but am completely green when it come to conceal carrying, so i am just considering all things, playing devils advocate, so as to inspire serious thought and consideration. and so far Ive read some very good ideas from here. I hope more keep coming.

You'll get more constructive answers if you just come out and ask a question rather than pulling the pin on the grenade and throwing it over the fence.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    You'll get more constructive answers if you just come out and ask a question rather than pulling the pin on the grenade and throwing it over the fence.
    +1 The post this morning perfectly fit your metaphor.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

yeah, ummm....this looks familiar. I predict only a matter of time before once again this one is closed.

Playing devils advocate and telling a large group of people they are stupid for carrying a certain weapon are two different things.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

If your trained enough to quickly rack your autopistol onehanded, then thats great! I would say the glock is probably your best bet for a ccw. if your not so good at that technique than I would probably go with a sig, or an hk.
    Everyone should know know how to clear malfunctions one-handed.

everyone should speak at least 2 or 3 languages, have a masters degree, remember every phone number in thier cell phone contact list and climb a mountain in alaska, but not everyone has the spare time after going to work,running a family and trying to find time to sleep and shoot in the middle of all that. If everyone really needed to know how to clear malfunctions one handed, then im sure it would be a globally taught technique in every CHL class. but its not.

NRA member/TSRA member

If everyone really needed to know how to clear malfunctions one handed, then im sure it would be a globally taught technique in every CHL class. but its not.
    So then the perils of striker fired firearms is either an illusion or you have multiple personalities and enjoy arguing with yourself.

no, the perils, though rare at best are real, your frame of logic is whats the illusion here

NRA member/TSRA member

If everyone really needed to know how to clear malfunctions one handed, then im sure it would be a globally taught technique in every CHL class. but its not.
    This literally made me burst out laughing. Most CHL classes are laughably inadequate when it comes to preparing their students to defend themselves with a handgun. They generally do a decent job teaching students not to get into gunfights over parking spaces, but they're no substitute for real self defense training. Good instructors try to cover as many defensive shooting skills as they can, but even in an 8 hour class, there's not enough time to cover the necessary legalities and cover the basics of defensive shooting (and some states only require four hours). I've both taken and taught basic self defense shooting classes and you really need at least a two-day course to cover the basics that everyone should know, four days of instruction is much better.

The first thing EVERYONE who gets their CHL should do is seek out some quality instruction.

no, your frame of logic is whats the illusion here
    Have a nice life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links