Another guy who needs new gun advice

This is a discussion on Another guy who needs new gun advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I've got between $300-$500 to spend on a new gun. As you can see from my signature, I have a pretty well rounded selection ...

Thread: Another guy who needs new gun advice

Another guy who needs new gun advice

So, I've got between $300-$500 to spend on a new gun. As you can see from my signature, I have a pretty well rounded selection right now. I've been set on a Kel-Tec PF-9, but I'm wondering if that's really what I want. I love the looks of 1911 style guns, but I haven't found any that fit my budget. I'm not really set on any one caliber either. What do you guys think?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    If you like the 1911 at your budget look at the Rock Island 1911, I think they can be had for less than 500 dollars. Or better yet a Glock 26 would be a nice choice to go with your G19.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I have been looking at the PF-9 lately they are interesting little guns. It ould make a good little BUG to your G19
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Glock 21sf or 20sf or 30sf or 29sf
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

If you want a 1911 I would second the Rock Island Armory. They're supposed to be the same specs as Colt I believe.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Go with the Kel Tec SU-16. Add a carbine to your family of weapons! They can be had for $450 on gunbroker and take AR magazines. I'm planning on adding one of these to my family once I can find one locally.
    Kel Tec
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

So I've found the RIA 1911-A1 for $400 shipped on Gunbroker, is this a good price for this gun or can someone recommend somewhere else to look for one. Also which model would you guys recommend? I don't have a problem concealing my Glock 19, so I wouldn't imagine I would have a problem with 1911.

That is not neccicarly a bad price on the Rock Island. But see if you can find a Springfield 1911. I just absolutely love mine. Its my home defense handgun and I paid locally $400 out the door. Granted that was last April too so your mileage may vary.

Get a used PM9. Much better (IMHO) than a PF-9.

Administrator
    Your money wont burn a hole in your pocket. Hang on to it a little longer, add to it, and buy something nice.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You can get into a nice Kimber for the mid-$700.00 range. Kimber makes a jam-up 1911 for the money. That's really only (5) $50.00 cash-backs at the grocery store.
    2A is not negotiable

Links