Sweating.. Come on now..

This is a discussion on Sweating.. Come on now.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally ordered a concealed holster (Have my CHL, got that early on in the process.. live in NH don't need to but knew it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweating.. Come on now..

Sweating.. Come on now..

I finally ordered a concealed holster (Have my CHL, got that early on in the process.. live in NH don't need to but knew it was an ultimate goal).

Learning quickly that the Glock 19 on my chubby body is a bit hard to tuck or conceal... Maybe I am not well practiced or maybe I am paranoid. I may be rethinking my carry firearm or at least my rig.. Or maybe position. Using a Split Decision for now (while I get used to it)

Anyway.. I can pull it off with a t-shirt tucked and a sweatshirt. Since today is not a work-day, no need to tuck. So I am hitting the range but I am going to carry tucked, IWB and make a detour through Wal-Mart on the way there.

So I should be doing my first Wal-Mart walk. I am taking a CCW course in a few weeks and may hold off on carrying more until then but I feel comfortable enough to use it if I need to and it will be ready.

Now I just need to stop being so nervous about the trip to be :)

2. Remove Ads

Getting over the nerves really is the biggest step, IMO, to really carrying concealed. When you can relax, and carry on about your business without acting parnoid, you're much better off. Ton of threads and posts to help you realize that people really aren't going to notice - they're true!
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

it will get better the more you carry.It will be like the American express card commercial....never leave home without it.......
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Thanks. Well Off I go, time to lock and load and hit the door.

Great signature, gunner. Lots of brothers and sisters out here on DefensiveCarry.. Wal-Mart report to follow at some point.

Wasn't that bad.

See it gets easier each time you carry. Next time you go see if you can spot someone else who you think is carrying.Might help you realize something you might be doing and you can remedy it......Always helps me.
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Why should you be nervous? Your the one armed and able to defend yourself!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

The nervous feeling is a sense of security / happiness.

Remember the first day you got your license and were able to drive without a parent?

Kind of the same sense of freedom is occurring :-)

Also, if you think your shirt isnt long enough to cover it, wear a bigger one...

If you can't redo your wardrobe, check your laws. Your duty is to conceal as best as possible. Accidental flashing, or imprinting may occur, as long as your actual firearm can not be seen, you are fine (If I recall correctly, your duty to check your state law).

Holsters can be warn openly, or the holster can partially be visible, just not the gun... Because a holster is a clothing accessory. And again, it is your duty to confirm this in your state :-)

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Start packing now. People in general hardly make eye contact these days, yet alone look for a CCW. I like a Large Harley t-shirt in a dark color. Seems to hide the weapon better (optical illusion ?). T-shirt tucked in with a button down work well also. Been packing since 1993 and have never been made.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I'm5' 6" 195lbs. carry a G19 at 5:00 with a IWB no trouble.

While it is true that folks don't tend to notice, there is no doubt that IWB is easier for those with a difference in their shoulder to waist measurement. If you are blocky, it is easy to print. I prefer appendix carry for concealment, but then you can't sit down comfortably. As has been said a thousand times on this forum, you do what you have to do, the main thing is to have it with you. A steep forward cant helps me a lot at 4-5 o'clock to make the gun go away.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

About your split decision

How do you like the holster, is it stable, or does the gun tend to shift?
    I was looking at the spit decision as one possibility for me. I have several inexpensive holsters that are OK as long as I don't have to get in and out of cars or move and bend a lot.

Try using different clothing for a cover garment. Loose shirts, jackets, vests etc. Since you live in NH, most of the year you should be able to wear a t shirt tucked and a shirt over it w/ no problem.

Remember, loose clothing is the best way to hide your CCW.

It does take some time to get over the feeling that everybody is looking at you. Just carry a lot and it will go away. Remember, this is in your head. Most people are not observant and will assume the bump they see, if they even notice one, is just a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    Start packing now. People in general hardly make eye contact these days, yet alone look for a CCW. I like a Large Harley t-shirt in a dark color. Seems to hide the weapon better (optical illusion ?). T-shirt tucked in with a button down work well also. Been packing since 1993 and have never been made.
    Right on brother! Rare eye contact, rare hellos. And the dark colors do seem to work better for me as well.

I am not usually even aware of my carry piece anymore but I sure am aware of its absence when I'm in a CEZ. Feels like I'm naked.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links