Defensive Carry banner

Need sights

930 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  muddy 
#1 ·
Ok I posted a while back about my Kahr shooting low and Left. I got some good advice saying it was probably me. Well I still shot low and left. I have tried different hand positions, worked on my grip and even shot it off the bench. Well I still shoot low and left. Nothing changes, its still about 8 inches low and 6 inches left. So I need to figure out what I can put on the pistol for sights. The front sight is pinned in but the rear is dove tailed. So I am hopping to replace the rear sight first.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#5 ·
If it shooting low/left even off the bench, I would send it back to Kahr and have them check the gun over. Might be a problem with then gun and not the sights.

#6 ·
Well even if its just me I consistently shoot the weapon the same. I have tried to change up my shooting with no luck so since I shoot it very well just low and left then why not put some sights on it to fix the problem.
I'm just curious, have you tried to using the opposite eye you have been. It sounds to me like you may have an eye dominance issue going on. If you have tryed both eyes I would send it back to Kahr and have them look at it.

#7 ·
I do not have eye issues I am right handed and right eye dominate. I have been shooting for 30 years. I do shoot my 1911 a little low and left but not as bad as the Kahr. I guess I will call Kahr Monday and see what they have to say.

#10 ·
I was shooting at about 25 yards. shortest distance at the range.

Ok here is the deal, I just checked all 6 of my pistols and all the sights are adjusted to the right. So I am shooting all my hand guns to the left. This is from a single six .22, Ruger auto .22 to a 629 classic .44 revolver. All six shoot to the left.

So it is me but that's how I shoot. I know I can't just pick up a rifle and shoot it as I shoot rifles way different then most. Probably due to my size, I'm tall and wide.

So I do believe I just need to put a sight on the weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.