92FS or G19?

92FS or G19?

This is a discussion on 92FS or G19? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off let me start by saying I have fired both guns and absolutely love the Beretta. I am however, very comfortable with the Glock ...

Thread: 92FS or G19?

92FS or G19?

First off let me start by saying I have fired both guns and absolutely love the Beretta. I am however, very comfortable with the Glock and have no doubts about my ability to hit a target with it.

That being said, although I prefer the Beretta I think it would be rather hard to carry on a day to day basis. Perhaps some members here can offer some insight as to which would be a better choice for concealed carry. I am about 5'7 155lbs, I live in the south and typically wear jeans and a polo shirt neither of which are very tight fitting although I wouldn't describe my attire as loose or baggy either.

Thanks in advance.

Which gun do you shoot the most consistent groups with?

Muk

Administrator
    The Beretta is a big heavy gun to carry, but its a good gun. The G19 is among the best, and its a lot easier to carry.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The Beretta is a big heavy gun to carry, but its a good gun. The G19 is among the best, and its a lot easier to carry.
    I've shot both, even qualified with a Beretta once, but I own a Glock 19. I think it's something to do with the "cracks" that a Beretta develops.

Biker

I qualified as an expert marksman with the m9 a few years back when I was in the service and I am still an excellent shot with a Beretta although I haven't fired one much since I've been out. As for the Glock I'm a good shot but not as good as the Beretta.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I too really like the Beretta 92FS,but unfortunately had to sell mine due to financial issues. I also own and carry the G19 and it is much easier to carry, and holds the same number of rounds as the Beretta 92FS. I plan to replace the Beretta I sold ASAP.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I've actually had a 92FS. Had one for about six months. Bought it on a whim while I was working on the road out of town. Put about 300 rounds through it, and it never really worked well at all for me. I'll just have to stick with Glock.

Id go with the 19, much easier to carry.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Glock
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    If your looking for a concealment gun, I would have to choose the glock. While the beretta may be a fine gun, it just isn't designed for conceal carry. Just too bulky and heavy in my opinion.

For a carry gun, I would go with the Glock. The Beretta, although a great firearm, is a big, heavy chunk of steel to pack around every day. Not to mention, the manual of arms with the Glock is much simpler in a tense situation. [No safeties or de-cockers to mess with.]

jfl
    You can't compare these two guns; they were designed for totally different purposes.
    For my daily commute, should I get a big truck or a small car ?
    I am comfortable with both and drive them well.

For daily carry, I have a G-26 with an extended ported barrel (arthritis) that has the same ballistics the the G-19 in a smaller package.
    With the G-19 mag, I have the same capacity, or for deep concealment I have the standard G-26 or G-26 + 2 option.
    I really like that set-up.

Remember, the longer you carry a gun, the heavier it gets; after almost 10 years, even the 19 oz. G-26 becomes heavy

Most guns from reputable manufacturers are good, some are great, the only really bad one is the one you left at home when you need it ...

But, then, the decision process is part of the fun ???
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

The Beretta 92FS was my first gun purchase and was a great gun even for an amateur. It was deadly accurate with almost no recoil at all. That being said, I could never figure out a way to carry this thing that had more metal than my 1986 Chevy Cavalier. It makes a great home defense/range gun, but I recommend you choose what's behind door #2 for CC.

Darren

Links