What is wrong with some people?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with some people? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Euc, you and Miggy are absolutely 100% correct. As I said I have no arguement with any other gun someone chooses to carry. It's a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with some people?

1952 - 2006
    Euc, you and Miggy are absolutely 100% correct.

As I said I have no arguement with any other gun someone chooses to carry. It's a personal thing and that's why it's called a choice
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Post Who Fought For A Jennings???????????

I always have come down hard on some cheap pistols. For a very good reason though.
    Pistols that are made of Zinc Diecast are decently strong when first produced.
    WITH AGE that die cast metal gets VERY BRITTLE actually to the point where it will break like glass.
    So Beware of older, early Zinc Die Cast pistols because the frames could instantly "give out" & your face could easily catch a slide moving rearward at a high rate of speed. I know this for a fact.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a 1911 nut, but I don't trash other styles of handguns. If someone wants a Makarov, Glock, XD, Taurus 24/7, etc, that's fine with me. I ain't gonna start an insult war with them over that. Don't lump all of us 1911 nuts into that category.

1911's are certainly excellent guns. But so is my CZ, XD, Ruger.....
    just take goober to the range and wait for his baby to burp! One FTF or FTE and he is all yours!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Miggy nailed it. I don't care what style or make of handgun you choose to carry. If it goes BANG every time you pull the trigger and the bullet hits the spot you were aiming at, nothing else matters. Offer to take this doofus to the range and show him the value of training vs. equipment. My guess is he can't even hit the 7 ring consistently. Snobs like that give the rest of us 1911 nuts a bad name.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I don't own a Mak ... yet! I'd really like to have one though (like an East German or Russian) as it's a great little platform for deep concealment and has a bit more power than .380. It's also earned it's rightful place in history as an icon of the Cold War Era.

Have you seen Stephen Camp's little beauties? I really don't think he'd bother tweaking them (much less carrying them) if they really were "Junk."

As I said in your "Flavor" thread, I don't own an XD yet either but I've got a good deal of respect for them as well built, capable defensive weapons. I love the 1911, always will, but there's plenty of other platforms out there that will get the job done if you do your part ... Heck, I'm still carrying my 5 shot J-frame! Guess that's an anemic little POS too though, huh?

Do us all a favor, take "Goob" to the range sometime and give him a quick education as to what your "POJ" can do.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    Oh my Euc -
    tolerances weren't tight enough to put the necessary pressure behind the bullet.
    Bwhahaha - that really cracks me up. I do realize of course that the polite salutation ''Goober'' is necessary - as if you posted the accurate description - one of us would have to impose a ban

Well - these folks exist - fact of shooter's life and much like the anti's, who will not listen to reason - neither will ''Goobers'' - they have ''heard'' this and that info - and they ARE right - no one else is!! It's called ''Gunny Dogma" - no cure!!

I actually think the Mak is a great small semi - and would carry mine in a heartbeat if I had very limited choices - sure ain't something to sneer at.

That guy needs some takedown - somehow. Get him to check pressures by firing when his finger is over the muzzle - he probably has little safety intelligence!!

OK -J/K - no wish to injure anyone!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Oh it wasn't an in person conversation. That guy lives in Florida somewhere.

Ok then, buy ExSoldier762 a sixpack and he can take "Goob" to the range... those HK USPs are "plastic wonder pistols" too don'cha know? LOL
    Jack

No kidding. We need to find "Goober" a "Goofus" and see what happens when their worlds collide.

OD*
    "Goobers" should not procreate.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

My Smith and Wesson 1911s have never suffered a failure. I've had failures in Glocks, Sigs, Walthers, and a High Power. Never in the Smith 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner
    Miggy nailed it. I don't care what style or make of handgun you choose to carry. If it goes BANG every time you pull the trigger and the bullet hits the spot you were aiming at, nothing else matters. Offer to take this doofus to the range and show him the value of training vs. equipment. My guess is he can't even hit the 7 ring consistently. Snobs like that give the rest of us 1911 nuts a bad name.
    I agree 100%
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Euclidean,

People like that I ignore, they aren't worth my time or respiration.
    Statements as such prove them to be just as much an idiot as those who claim that their car can blow the doors off anything on the road because it has a [fill in the blank] model engine or that they can get any woman they want with ease. Yeah, uh huh, sure.

I happen to be a huge 1911 fan and currently own nothing but, although 'plastic' guns and others definitely work & shoot wolves just as dead as steel so say EMS and coroners world wide.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

while I'm partial to the 1911 platform...a .45acp is a .45acp...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links