Which Glock to get? - Page 2

Which Glock to get?

This is a discussion on Which Glock to get? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you're a .45 guy, take a look at the G30SF. To convert the G23/G27 to 9mm, you'll need the barrel and a 9mm extractor, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Glock to get?

South Carolina
    If you're a .45 guy, take a look at the G30SF.

To convert the G23/G27 to 9mm, you'll need the barrel and a 9mm extractor, and 9mm magazines. You can change the G26/G19 to .40 by changing the same things.

Shelby County TN
    Yep, go with the 23 and get a 9mm barrel and mags. You can also get a .357 sig barrel and you will have a triple caliber gun!
    ,=====o00o _
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lexington Ky
    What about the amazing Glock 18?
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I's stay with the 9mm. I have a G19 and think it is about the best compromise between carry size and capacity. It's one of my favorites.
    I agree. The 19 is just the right size.

I put on a 27 today for the first time. Always carried a 22 (full size), Dan Wesson Bobtail 45 or my Smith 642 38 spc. My brother and I both bought a 27 one day and I just never got around to getting a holster for it. I saw a holster for a 27 on another board last week and bought it for him as a gift. Went shooting today and gave it to him and liked the way it looked and then tried it out myself. Long story short, I kept it (I'll get him another). It's like not having a pistol on at all! I just ordered 2 Pierce 26XL +0 extentions to help with my big hands. May well be the perfect concealed carry pistol. YMMV.

The Glock 19 is a great gun.But if you want a 45 get the G36.The G36 feels like the grip of the 9 but a bit slimmer.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Parts Unknown
    i got them all and i carry the g27. but if you like the 45acp then take a look at the g36. it is a good gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Southwest, TN
    I'm in the same boat, small hands and stubby fingers. My EDC is an XD .45 Compact and I wanted something smaller for summer carry so I bought a Glock 27 today.

Not to turn this into a 9mm vs .40 S&W war, I just like the performance of the .40 if I'm not carrying a .45

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links