New gun?

New gun?

This is a discussion on New gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been thinking about getting a XD45C lately, does anyone have opinions(I know you do) good, bad, or indifferent. I currently carry a LCP ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gun?

New gun?

I have been thinking about getting a XD45C lately, does anyone have opinions(I know you do) good, bad, or indifferent. I currently carry a LCP but may be losing it to my wife. Even if I dont lose it I am still thinking seriously about it.

The XD-45C was my favorite polymer pistol, that is, until i shot my new M&P9c.

I've never had a single problem with my XD45C. My only complaint was the standard sites aren't the best so I put XS Big Dots on it.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Administrator
    There are better choices IMO. Dont fall for marketing hype.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I have an XD-45 and think it's great. I bought it for my nightstand gun. I don't carry it, it's too heavy and bulky. I don't know how much smaller the compact is than the full size, but it's not a very thin design. As Sixto said, there are better carry choices out there.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member

Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    There are better choices IMO. Dont fall for marketing hype.
    Hi Sixto, I'd like to get your take on what some of the better 45's on the market are? I'm a big fan of DAO type systems. Any thoughts?

If you really want an XD, you might consider the .40. If you really want a .45, you might consider a 1911 from Springfield Armory. This is the way I'm going.
    Semper Fi - USMC 1987-1991
    God Squad 1985-Present

SA XD 40s&w Subcompact
    Ruger GP161 357 Magnum

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Hi Sixto, I'd like to get your take on what some of the better 45's on the market are? I'm a big fan of DAO type systems. Any thoughts?
    G30/36, Sig 220 series, any 1911 from a quality maker would be my choices.
    "Just blame Sixto"

+1 on the g30 especially the g30 SF they are very good systems. Shot the G30 and the SF just feeles better in the hand. I also like the feel of the P220 Carry DAK its about the same dimensions of the P229.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I would go for a Sig P220 instead.But thats just what I prefer.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

The M&P line is far superior to the XD. Since the M&P was introduced in 2006, it has become the "issue" weapon for more than 370 LE departments. Those new contracts have come primarily at the expense of Glock and Sig Sauer... Sorry Springfield, the XD has no contracts to lose.

On a positive note... You would really be helping the Croatian economy if you buy an XD.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

VIP Member
    I handled a 220 over the weekend, a full size one. It was nice, but my finger is just a tad short - I could only get the pad to the trigger. Are the sub compact and compact versions of the 220, do they have a shorter trigger reach?

VIP Member

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    G30/36, Sig 220 series, any 1911 from a quality maker would be my choices.
    Thank you for the info Sixto, much appreciated!

I did some looking at the M&P after reading the replies and it looks similar to the XD. I will have to try to find one to fondle. I will be looking at the rest mentioned also. The XD is readily available here is why I started with it. I dont have access to many brands here. I know I can buy them on the net but I like to touch them first.

VIP Member
    I would also suggest looking at the Sig P250. It has 3 frame sizes, interchangeable grips, (for different hand sizes) and comes in 4 calibers. 9mm, .357sig, .40s+w and .45acp. It has a DAK trigger, which is very similar to a DAO trigger. You would be able to find or make one that fits your hand perfectly, and you can't beat SigSauer on quality. IMHO
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Some do, some dont come standard with the short trigger. You can get Sig with the short trigger though if you wish.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links