New Crimson Trace Laserguards

This is a discussion on New Crimson Trace Laserguards within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have long been looking to buy a laser sight system for my Glock 26 and was leaning toward Lasermax for a few reasons. A ...

I have long been looking to buy a laser sight system for my Glock 26 and was leaning toward Lasermax for a few reasons. A few days ago I saw a new release by Crimson Trace that makes me reconsider.

The biggest reasons I was going for Lasermax is that I dont want to add to the external profile and I dont want to have to sight it in since the barrel and laser are not aligned. The new Laserguard sights by CrimsonTrace kind of address a lot of that. LG-436 for GLOCK Sub-Compact :: Crimson Trace Lasergrips

So far, here is my list of pros and cons

LaserMax Pro
    -no allignment needed
    -doesnt change external profile
    -pulsating beam
    -on/off switch to disable the laser
    LaserMax Con
    -replacement internal part can increase failure

CrimsonTrace Pro
    -~$75 cheaper
    -gun still operable if the laser breaks
    -master on/off switch to disable the laser *new feature of laserguard
    -automaticly activates when griping *if master switch is on*
    CrimsonTrace Con
    -adding to the profile can mess up holsters

I *DONT* want to start the CT vs LM war here. Ive read enough about that already. I only have 2 questions. One about the pulsating beam, the other about holsters.

Nothing I've seen so far has said if CT beam is steady or blinking, so I'm assuming it is steady. How much of a difference does that make in targeting? Seems to me the pulse would help significantly, but I've never used one so that is my assumption. Any rebuttal on that is welcome.

The second question is about holstering. I use a SmartCarry at the moment as my only holster. I'd like to add another sometime, but not at the moment. It's a slim chance that anyone has tried the particular combination, but if someone can confirm or deny that the CT Laserguards do/don't fit in a SmartCarry then that would eliminate another unknown.

Overall, I'm leaning towards getting the Laserguards unless anything else comes up.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    All Crimson Trace products are steady beam. There is a good thread on this issue on the Crimson Trace Forum.

Crimsontrace - Index
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Thanks alot, that actually was just what I was looking for. Now my only concern is about a holster, but I might have to just buy one and hope to return it if it doesnt work right.

Perhaps this thread on the Crimson Trace Forum might be worth following.

Any Holsters for the LG-436 Laser guard or older laser mounted on the guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Team CTC-Nate
    Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009

Here's the skinny -> Two holsters will be available on our website shortly (end of the week I'm told). The devil's in the coding details.

Both are Galco products, one is an IWB, the other is ankle carry. I don't have details on pricing.
    Howard

It looks like the Armalaser made for the small pocket auto's.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

Distinguished Member
    I just got a DVD from Crimson today I haven't watched it yet. It's a 35 min. laser tactics and training DVD (The Art Of Survival) they sent it free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I just got a DVD from Crimson today I haven't watched it yet. It's a 35 min. laser tactics and training DVD (The Art Of Survival) they sent it free of charge.
    For those with IGQ (Instant Gratification Complex) like me, the contents of this DVD is available for online viewing on the Crimson Trace web site.
    Howard

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    For me, I thought the CT Laserguard was going to be the answer concerning a laser sight for my Glock-36, a model for which CT did not make a laser. As it turns out, I emailed CT and this is the response I got concerning holsters:

The only holsters that are set up right now are the Galco Ankle Glove and the Summer Comfort. Additionally, holsters set up for light attachments will also accept the LG-436.

Jaime Dodge (Ms.)

International Sales Support
    This, for me, negates the purchase of the Laserguard, at least until some better holster choices come out.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Can't comment you your weapon, but I use a Smartcarry for my subbies, and there's no difference between the one with CT and the one without.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    The second question is about holstering. I use a SmartCarry at the moment as my only holster. I'd like to add another sometime, but not at the moment. It's a slim chance that anyone has tried the particular combination, but if someone can confirm or deny that the CT Laserguards do/don't fit in a SmartCarry then that would eliminate another unknown.

The smartcarry will not have an issue with this new CT product. The smartcarry is not form fitted like a normal holster, it is basically a pouch to hold your stuff.

I know that, I have one. The thing is that since the sides of the smartcarry are already snug (at least on mine), if it adds too much to the wrong place then it will make it stick out the top a bit more because it doesnt go as deep into the pouch.

Links