Glock 27 concealment

Glock 27 concealment

This is a discussion on Glock 27 concealment within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; can anyone tell me the best way to carry the glock 27? I have a inside the pant holster Montana leather works (really nice) but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thumper

Thread: Glock 27 concealment

Glock 27 concealment

can anyone tell me the best way to carry the glock 27? I have a inside the pant holster Montana leather works (really nice) but when I bend over wearing my sweatshirt or whatever when I stand the shirt comes up and wow theres the gun showing. I have a leg holster but without boot cut or something it dont do the job real well, also just bought the deep concealment shoulder holster wore that a little not quite sure what to think about it yet. Any suggestion would be great I do have the keltec p3at also but really like the feel of the glock.

Get a belly band style holster. They seem to work pretty good.
    God & Guns!

I have the K&D Dakota Defender at around 3:30. Considering my build I adjusted the depth and cant to where it is very well concealed. Being able to adjust depth and cant to your particular build is important in a holster.

Try the appendix carry (2:00 - 2:30) if your holster does not bother you. That's how I prefer to carry my G27 when wearing iwb holsters.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Try a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster and see if that works for you.

Also with IWB, you can just get longer shirts and sweatshirts. Plus when you need to pick something up, bend at the knees and squat. You have to work a little bit to keep concealed but it'll be worth it - IWB is probably the fastest and most convenient way to draw from (aside from OWB, but that's harder to conceal.)

Ankle holster in something like a Galco Ankle Glove or Galco Cop Band can also work well but is hard to get to. It does however provide really deep concealment.

+ 1 on bend at the knees and squat. plus buy your shirts a little looser. I also find cinching your belt too tight can make the top of the gun "squirt " out the top and print real bad.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I carry my G27 in a DeSantis Scorpion IWB kydex holster and I don't have to worry about squatting like a girl, or revealing my pistol. I've laid on it underneath the car doing oil changes and lots of other things you might not believe.

VIP Member
    Milt Sparks VersaMax-II!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Milt Sparks VersaMax-II!

Thumper, I just picked up my new Glock 27 today and I only have the 2 mags that came with the gun but, I couldn't help but notice you have 12 mags in the above photo. I think under the new Presidential Administration plan to share the wealth you should be compelled to send me a couple of yours. How about it?

as others have said, wear slightly longer or "looser" shirts, or try something like appendix carry.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Thumper, I just picked up my new Glock 27 today and I only have the 2 mags that came with the gun but, I couldn't help but notice you have 12 mags in the above photo. I think under the new Presidential Administration plan to share the wealth you should be compelled to send me a couple of yours. How about it?
    As long as I can keep the 29 rounder in the middle!
    Tor likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

If covering up - forget IWB. Just get a good High Ride OWB holster and cover it up. I promise you will be more comfortable and it will hide just as well. I wear my G27 OWB at 3:00 in a Mitch Rosen - There is another maker that has a little more High Ride that I want to try. If I am covering up - why fool with the IWB hassle? I personally only wear IWB now if I am tucking in - well, my Glock leaves that tumor look when tucking & IWB. Thinner/smaller gun when IWB & OWB for the bigger/thicker guns like the Glocks. People will say they have no issues with bigger guns and IWB - but they also wear a dress or balloon to cover it up - which screams gun. Most can get away with standing - it is when sitting or bending that will give you away everytime.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I don't have a comfort problem carrying my G27 IWB. About the only time I still OWB is in my pants that don't have room for IWB. I use an MTAC at 3:00 IWB still conceals better even with a cover garment because the garment drapes over the waistband instead of over the butt of the gun. If I have to wear taylored clothes then I make sure they are taylored with the gun on. But no matter what, bending over is going to be tough not to print. If you have to do a lot of bending all the time, then neither IWB or OWB are a good idea. Maybe the smart carry, or shoulder rig? I have experiance with neither.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

i use a shoulder holster with my g27.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Links