Kahr PM9? - Page 2

Kahr PM9?

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; had mine almost 6 months and 400 rounds thru it. Flawless and perfect for concealed carry. I bought the Milt Sparks VM11 and just got ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9?

had mine almost 6 months and 400 rounds thru it. Flawless and perfect for concealed carry. I bought the Milt Sparks VM11 and just got it about a month ago. Phenomenal, worth the wait. I can wear all day, forget I have it on and never get made. Really a nice piece and I am very happy with it. I am debating about the .40 now since I like the idea of bigger bang, but I know it will never be able ot be as concealable as the PM9. You will like it...

I have one of the early production gun. It took a full 500 rounds before I felt it was reliable for carry.
    since then it has been flawless!
    my only problem with it is my thumb sometimes hit the mag release when doing draw, point, shoot drills.
    cut it back and now no problem.

I have the opinion that the P9 is one of the most natural feeling SD weapons in my hand I have ever felt. The PM9 is very close. For concealability and ease of use i would say it is top notch. I want one....buy it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Love my PM9....loved it so much I bought it a buddy.....the CW9
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Aiming problems.

I have problems figuring out the sight picture.
    I dot the I and I am good on my windage but the yardage at that sight picture puts the rounds squarely in the groin area.

I have to put the "dot" on the "I" way up high above the top level of the back sights. Hmmmmm...????

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    One of the very best small CCW options on the market. I love my PM9 and I have several CCW options to pick from when I walk out the door. Its usually in my pocket no matter what else I have on me. Its small but still feels like a real gun. Not to offend any P3AT or LCP owners since I have owned both of these guns, but the Kahr PM9 while a bit larger and certainly more expensive is well worth the extra money and slight weight/size difference, much much more gun for the money and a better caliber to boot. Its all good with this little Jem, just buy one ASAP!

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Furiously saving for one right now. I think it is just about the best pocket pistol out there - bar none!
    God bless our troops!

After a ridiculous amount of research, I plan on purchasing one of these little boogers within the next month. From what I've seen, the overall package (caliber, size, cost, accuracy, ease of concealment, etc.) is top rated in my book. That's not a knock on any of the other concealed options available, but it's pretty hard to beat a 9mm in .380 sized package.
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Any hints on the sight picture

I am new to pistol shooting and I am confounded a bit by the dot the I aiming system.

I have to put the dot way way high over the I for it to work or else I shoo the groin area when aiming COM.

Help appreciated

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    I am new to pistol shooting and I am confounded a bit by the dot the I aiming system.

I have to put the dot way way high over the I for it to work or else I shoo the groin area when aiming COM.

Help appreciated
    You're using XS sights then? Wondered if that'd be an issue. I've got 3 dot Meprolights on mine.

I'm guessing you'll just get used to what the sight picture looks like though. The "i' will look out of proportion after a while if it's wrong.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

PM9

I have put about 500 rounds through my PM9 and it has worked perfectly, but it is still very tight. I am going to put a couple of hundred through the gun for the next couple of weekends to loosen her up. Great carry gun, reliable, and accurate.

I have had mine for a month now. So far I have about 400 rounds through it (WWB, Corbon, Gold Dots and HST). I have yet to have a single FTF or any other problem.

I have not had a problem with the sight picture since I got mine with Night Sights and the ones it came with were traditional three dot Tijicons from the factory.

Today I am wearing it for the first time in my new Little Bear IWB (with the clips attached - I also got a pair of snap on loops) wearing it with a pair of sweat pants in my home office. Instead of working this morning I played around practicing drawing the gun for a while and after the first couple of times when the holster came off with the gun, it smoothed out and I drew cleanly 50 times. Its so light, I hardly know its on and when I went into the kitchen for lunch my wife did not even know I had it on until I pulled up my T-shirt to show her. For the past few weeks I have been carrying in a Nemesis in my pocket, this IWB solution works better and may make me change my mind about carrying in the house (something I have never done)

My Kahr PM40 has been my EDC for the past 18 mo. Never had a problem in 500 rounds or so. I look at it as a PM9 with a little kick. One of the best small CC weapons out there.

I've had my PM9 now for over a year and it's been great. Very accurate & very reliable. I've never had a malfunction. I carry it daily in a Smart Carry. It conceals great! You won't be disappointed.

Ive been researching conceal carry guns for a while now and have bought a couple so far. I looked into Kahrs and KelTecs. I feel the KelTecs are higher quality more reliable pistols but I hate thier triggers, a DOA trigger is suppose to be long and heavy but the Keltecs trigger is just way way way to long in mine and many others opinions.

I like the Kahrs trigger and the over all feel of the gun, it feels like a decent gun. I was damn near serious about buying one until I was at a gunshow with my father and asked him his opinoin on the Kahr PM9. He picked it up, looked it over for a while, working the action and dry-fired it. He finally said its junk and dont mess with it.

He's been colecting and shooting guns for about 40 years, and owns more guns than I can count. mostly auto pistols. He is a walking encyclopedia of automatic guns covering guns made from WW1 to present day. I didnt question his opinion, hes never steered me wrong before in a gun purchase, I saw no reason to argue with him as much as I wanted to like the gun.

I ended up going with a S&W Jframe 638 and a Sig P239. Im now looking into an HK USPcompact.
    Last edited by newmenu; February 27th, 2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links