Sig p228 feel?

Sig p228 feel?

This is a discussion on Sig p228 feel? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I keep getting my p228 out and looking at it and carrying it occasionally. I really like this gun and it is a GREAT ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig p228 feel?

Sig p228 feel?

So I keep getting my p228 out and looking at it and carrying it occasionally. I really like this gun and it is a GREAT shooter. I just have gotten so used to the feel of my G23. I like the feel of the Sig in my hand, but I am thinking I could possibly make it thinner and have a little bit better feel in the hand, with some other grips. I have the stock plastic ones on there now. I know this gun has a devout following on here. I am a convert.

Any body has suggestions, Im listening. I would like to maybe install some nice wood grips, preferrably uncheckered...but will entertain any ideas.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    Experiment I guess. I typically dont like the hogue rubber grips, but i have them on my 220, I dont think I'd like them on my 228 though. What exactly are you trying to fix?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    IMO, the 228 feels like I imagine Monica Bellucci might... Perfect. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Experiment I guess. I typically dont like the hogue rubber grips, but i have them on my 220, I dont think I'd like them on my 228 though. What exactly are you trying to fix?
    I don't know yet. Maybe if there is a possibility of something just a little thinner. I can handle the gun just fine as is...but would just like to see if I could "fine tune" the feel. the gun is a great wepaon though. I really like it. My department authorizes Glock .40 and it was my EDC before here anyway so it just get the duty 98%

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I would recomend trying the wood grip off the P229 SAS. I believe it fits the P228, but you may have to check with Sig about that. It is a great looking, non checkered wood grip. I am not sure about thickness though.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    It will fit, and it is a bit thinner.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I held and shot a 228 this past weekend. The gun felt even better than the 220, which fit my hand perfectly... Is there a word for something better than perfect?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I held and shot a 228 this past weekend. The gun felt even better than the 220, which fit my hand perfectly... Is there a word for something better than perfect?
    No, but there is a number; 228.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    VERY NICE SIXTO!

I have never held or shot (obviously) a 228, how does it compare to the 220 in height, thickness?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    The 220 is a much larger gun. I'll have to go get both of mine to compare, give me a minute...

The 228 is almost the exact dimensions of the 229. The main difference is the balance, making the 228 a better gun IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Are there differences between the 228 and 229 other than balance? Functions, caliber, single/double stack? Does Sig still make the 228? I didn't find it on the web site.

SORRY FOR THE THREADJACK!
    Thomas Jefferson

They make them still...I think. They just don't export them...from Europe. IIRC. Also I think the main diff, SIXTO correct me if Im wrong. Is the p228 is a two piece slide where the p229 is a one piece, developed for tolerance of the higher pressure .40 and .357....also IIRC.

Administrator
    Yes, that is correct partially. There are also material differences making the 228 a bit lighter, and the slide is folded rather than milled.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Is it possible to get one new or certified used in the U.S.? Where? How much?
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Is it possible to get one new or certified used in the U.S.? Where? How much?
    CPO's pop up from time to time, but they are getting expensive. A lot of people now understand what a great gun the 228 is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links