Ruger LCP - My first Post

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP - My first Post within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well this is my 1st post. Nice web forums here. I am ex-military of 8 Years in the finest United States Navy. God Bless the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP - My first Post

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Thumbs up Ruger LCP - My first Post

Well this is my 1st post. Nice web forums here.

I am ex-military of 8 Years in the finest United States Navy. God Bless the rest of our nations heroes!

I just took the virginity of my brand spanking new Ruger LCP.

As nice as this little piece is holy moly it kicks like a MULE!

It seems to have a heavy trigger but it breaks clean and will get you by surprise which is good for people first starting to learn how to defeat anticipation.

After putting a over priced box of basic 90grain solid lead range ammo down its boom tube I have to say it cycles very quickly and very smoothly.

I wish that the gun shipped with a finger extension on the bottom of the magazine but I am not complaining. I am going to purchase a second mag with this anyways.

Last I will close with ...

Even though this is just a weak little .380 in the eyes of majority and proven ballistics to my knowledge, I would fear being on the receiving end of this little beast's wrath.

That's why this is my ankle's companion and my PPS .40cal is my waist's companion

2. Remove Ads

Welcome and good job on your first post. Thank you for your commitment and service to your country and 'We the people'. I never want to be on the receiving end of a BB gun, much less a "weak little .380".

VIP Member
    Welcome from Utah, and tgank you for defending the freedoms I love so much!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Welcome, my friend has one and he put a laser on it, really cool little gun now.

Hey tango... Welcome Aboard!

Hope you become a long term member here! This forum makes a great place to hang out with like minded folks and discuss a serious topic.

Speaking of the Ruger LCP, I am in anticipation of picking one up for myself tomorrow!

I heard today the gun shop down the road has 4 or 5 brand new ones in stock so I'm headed there in the morning.

Usually my primary is a Glock-23 and my BUG is an XD9sc but last summer with very light clothing I found myself often carrying my XD9sc as my primary so now I find myself in need of a nice little "mouse gun" as an alternative BUG.

Congrats on your new pop gun!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

"It seems to have a heavy trigger but it breaks clean and will get you by surprise which is good for people first starting to learn how to defeat anticipation." Nice observation.

Go Navy!

Wow! I like this place already. A warm welcome and a lot fellow proud and free Americans.

Thanks and I hope to continue posting on this already great forum.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    It seems to have a heavy trigger but it breaks clean and will get you by surprise which is good for people first starting to learn how to defeat anticipation.
    I consider this a benefit as it makes it more conducive for concealed carry modes such as pocket carry. Also makes it conducive to carrying with one in the pipe.

I wish that the gun shipped with a finger extension on the bottom of the magazine but I am not complaining. I am going to purchase a second mag with this anyways.
    The pinkey base plates are available from the Ruger web site. They used to be carried at the forum store for the Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source. I don't know if they still are.

Even though this is just a weak little .380 in the eyes of majority and proven ballistics to my knowledge, I would fear being on the receiving end of this little beast's wrath.
    It is my EDC BUG when I'm out and about. It is my primary around the house. New ammunition available in the last 12-18 months in 380ACP makes me more confident in carrying a 380. That said, my EDC primary is an M&P 45fs when I'm out and about.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Welcome!

Bought an LCP for the wife. Went in on recall and Thursday I'll take it to indoor range to test it out so it can go back into service.

I agree that it's a snappy little guy, but the weight/size sure make it her constant companion.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Yeah mine seems to be post recall looking at the government tracking number on the side.

My wife loved it when we shot it early this evening. She wouldn't let me have any fun. I got 6 rounds out of it and she got the other 44 ha ha.

I just got one the other week, I can't wait to get home and start with the holster shopping, oh and welcome.
    NRA Member

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your new LCP, if I could ever get my hands on one, I'm sure I'd enjoy it too!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Lead Moderator
    Welcome...
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum, you've found a good one !

My LCP is currently at Ruger, I'm looking forward to it getting back. Since it is a "pocket gun" be sure and keep it clean, as carrying it in your pocket will eventually fill it full of crud. I allowed mine to get grungy.....test fired it........failed. Cleaned it up and it ran great......lesson to be learned there about the LCP.

It does have a bit snappy recoil but of course that is a trade-off for its small size. You can't have everything !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Welcome welcome to the forum, and thank you for your time in the Navy!

I was quite interested in the LCP (ended up with a S&W 642) and think you made a fine choice--but it sounds like the wife might be considering it as an EDC since she seemed to steal some range time from ya....

Guess there's always room for 2 LCPs--especially in the interest of keeping her armed! Congrats on the purchase!
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links