The more I shoot this PPS the better it performs.

This is a discussion on The more I shoot this PPS the better it performs. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally shot my 1000th rd tonight (estimated) before I signed up for these kick butt forums. I am shooting a little left at longer ranges. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The more I shoot this PPS the better it performs.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

The more I shoot this PPS the better it performs.

Finally shot my 1000th rd tonight (estimated) before I signed up for these kick butt forums.

I am shooting a little left at longer ranges. Of course im losing vision in my left eye pretty bad lately and it happens to be my dominate eye.

Here's 6 rounds on target at 20 yards with my strong hand (Right) using my dominate eye (left). No corrective lenses. I do the same thing with my right eye on the sights.

Do you have any recommendations as to correcting my shooting left at that range?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I like my PPS, it reminds me of a thin Glock with a shorter travel trigger.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Same affliction here. I just try and mentally prep and aim a smidge to the right. Sounds dumb, but it works for me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

3/4's of an inch off at 20 yards? Don't worry about it! Good shooting.

That's 20 yards, one-handed, with some loss of vision in the eye.....and with a PPS to boot??

I am....ummmm...impressed, to say the least!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Very nice shooting have you considered that maybe the tool is not performing better but that you have improved your skill?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Recall ?

...........There may be a recall on this model going on now.

DCT
    It looks like the recall is for the PPK / PPK/S - PPK Hammer Block Recall - Smith & Wesson

EdC
    Good shooting! The PPS is a great gun, I love mine. If I was that good, I wouldn't worry about it, but then again, it's all about improvement. I often shoot groups pulling to the left with all my handguns, and here's why (for me, anyway). Sometimes I don't have enough of my finger on the trigger, so when I press, there's a teeny weeny smidge of "push" to the left. With a little more of my trigger finger pad on the trigger, it helps straighten out my pull and correct the movement. Try it, it might be what's causing your groups to pull left.

Sounds good. I will start using a little more pad on the last segment of my trigger finger.

Also as far as recall, if you get any more information on this please let us know. As I have not seen a reason to recall my particular gun. I have a late model serial but I smudged it out since i pasted a picture on the website here.

It did stove pipe one wolf fmj target round once but out of over 1K rounds that is not bad at all.

Unrelated to the stove pipe I also read people have been polishing their feed ramp "terminology?". I have a dremel and will that work and if so what bit should I use to perform the polish with?

Thanks all for your inputs. Freaking awesome web forums here and great people so far.

I would leave the feed ramp on the barrel alone. One stove pipe in a thousand rounds is pretty darn good in my book, and even then that may have been the ammo at fault. Remove too much metal and you could change the feed angle and cause malfunctions that way. I would leave it as it is, and enjoy your accurate and reliable pistol. Just my .02 worth.
    God bless our troops!

I too love my PPS 9mm

Easy to carry and conceal and incredibly accurate gun. I have put about 600 rounds through mine and it has performed perfectly. Filts my hand best with the 7 or 8 shot mag.

Lead Moderator
    Looks like you and the gun shoot very well. I Like my PPS as well.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm really enjoying mine too after a few hundred rounds. It wasn't what I was originally looking for with this purchase, but went for it because it was the same size as what I wanted (M&P .40c) and the Walther name. I have to say, it shoots much better than I anticipated. I'm satisfied.

Yeah I couldnt have asked for more.

I may have to get the 9mm version one of these days but first I must get my Kimber Ultra Carry II with NSights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links