Glock 26 - Should I ??

Glock 26 - Should I ??

This is a discussion on Glock 26 - Should I ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I stopped by my FFL to pick up the complete LMT Defender lower I ordered back in Oct '08. He asked me if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glock 26 - Should I ??

Last night I stopped by my FFL to pick up the complete LMT Defender lower I ordered back in Oct '08. He asked me if I'd be interested in another handgun and went to his safe. When he came back, he presented a NIB Glock 26 with fixed sights. He's asking $485 out the door. I don't really need yet another subcompact. I already have an Springfield XD9SC, S&W M&P9c, and a Kahr PM9. I've developed an ich for a Glock, but was thinking more along the lines of the G19 (me and everyone else for that matter - my timing is impeccable).

What do you guys think?

That is an amazing price for a new glock, especially now. Did you play around with it, how did it feel? With glocks, it's a love it or hate it kind of thing. A lot of people don't like the two finger grip on the baby glocks.

Personally, I LOVE them - my G26 and cz pcr are my favorite pistols (don't make me pick which one I like more) .

I'd say go for it, out of the subcompacts you listed the glock would be my choice - except maybe the kahr - it's so small

Oh, I definitely played around with it. I have hated Glocks all my life, even though I learned to shoot on a G17. For some reason they just seem to be calling my name. My M&P9c and PM9 are my go to carry guns and I am very happy with both. It isn't like the G26 would fill a slot in my arsenal, other than the "Glock" slot.

ahhh I gotcha - the dark side is calling. In which case, grab it quick!

Unless you're set on a .40 cal or the 19. It might just be me, but I find that I shoot the subs better than the compacts - something to do with the hump on the grip.

It probably won't be your last glock either.

For $485? Yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

A G26 for $485.00 out the door is a heck of good price. Even if I already had a G26 I'd consider buying a second G26. I love mine very much. Not one misfire since I bought it.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Administrator
    Yeah, I'd grab it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have a M&P9C and CZ75-p01 and the G26 is next on my list to buy.
    So I say yes ,go for, it because I will soon myself.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Good price for an excellent pistol. I carry a G33 daily and love the size. Nice thing about a Glock is you have a 10 shot pistol that you can use 15 RD G31 or 13 RD G32 backup mags with.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    Last night I stopped by my FFL to pick up the complete LMT Defender lower I ordered back in Oct '08. He asked me if I'd be interested in another handgun and went to his safe. When he came back, he presented a NIB Glock 26 with fixed sights. He's asking $485 out the door. I don't really need yet another subcompact. I already have an Springfield XD9SC, S&W M&P9c, and a Kahr PM9. I've developed an ich for a Glock, but was thinking more along the lines of the G19 (me and everyone else for that matter - my timing is impeccable).

What do you guys think?
    Around our area Glocks can be had (with standard sights) for $480 NIB + tax. So if that is indeed an "out the door" price - I would take it. Nice gun to have. But if you don't need it - then you don't need it. Most likely gone by now.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Sounds like a good deal. I bought my 1st Glock 27 this week for $499. The dealer is a good friend of mine and he normally charges $519. He showed me his invoice from the distributor and it cost him $440.

If you buy it, I highly recommend the Pearce 1+ extension # PG2733. It lets you put your pinky finger around the grip yet it does not add much to the grip length.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    $485 out the door? That's an amazing price. I paid $485 for mine from GunsAmerica, but by the time you add in shipping and FFL fee, I was at $530. Go for it. BTW, I love my G26, very nice little gun. Not as accurate as my G19, but I'm talking 3" groups at 10 yds. COM vs. 2" groups.

Also highly recommend the Pearce grip extension. Gives your pinky something to do.

Thumbs up EAGLE5...Know the feelin'

Yea, not a bad price at all.

I've also never had an itch for a Glock until just recently...at the last PA NG Armoury gun show back in January. Handled a few different models, and now got my heart set on a G30SF, which I'll be picking up at the next PA NG Armoury show on March 28th/29th. Come to think of it, there is also a Valey Forge gun show coming up on March 13th-15th.

BTW...prices at the mom n pop gun shops in the area hover around $550+tax for a G30SF...the same model at the gun shows tend to go for $30 to $50 dollars less, depending on the vendor.

That Glock will make the 7th gun I own chambered in 45acp...

Last edited by SHOOTER13; February 25th, 2009 at 02:43 PM. Reason: add info
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Get it
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    Stock up now and avoid the rush.
    "The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization." Sigmund Freud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links