CDP Compact Popularity?

CDP Compact Popularity?

This is a discussion on CDP Compact Popularity? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why do you guys think it is that the CDP II Compact isn't more popular. I don't own one, but I would like to. It ...

Thread: CDP Compact Popularity?

CDP Compact Popularity?

Why do you guys think it is that the CDP II Compact isn't more popular. I don't own one, but I would like to. It sees to me that the officer grip with a 4" barrel would provide the user with the best combination of concealment and accuracy.

Input?

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Personally I DREAM of owning a 4" officers grip 1911. I've looked at the Kimber CDP compact and contemplated it over and over. Some reasons I'm holding out is...

I'd really rather have a Springfield. Can't understand for the life of me why they no longer market a 4" officers

2ndly, I don't really care for the severity of the "melt" job on the Kimber. Brother-in-law has the CDP and I like it but the melt job is just a bit too severe for me.

3rd, as much as I like some two tone guns, I'd rather my 1911 be all dark. I could get the slide coated but have to do something with the safety, etc.

So I do think the CDP is a great weapon but it's just now quite the right one for me. Now S&W just introduced a true officer's sized 1911 and it looks like what I'm looking for but I still wish Springfield would get back into this size.

Now if I had a LOT of money to blow, I'd go get a Wilson officers "droool"

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

Don't know if you are asking about the 4" or 3" CDP. I own both and am very happy with them. I shoot the 3" as well as athe 4 and the recoil is verysimilar with the 3" bucking a little more.
    Both have been dependable right out of the box, thru about 600 rounds each. They have fired ball and hp as well as lead SWC and I could not be happier.
    I do use wWilson mags in each have Metroplight sights and Crimson Trace lasers. They will sit up and speak and roll over - uh ah, sorry that's my dog.
    Anyway, I do like them.
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    2ndly, I don't really care for the severity of the "melt" job on the Kimber. Brother-in-law has the CDP and I like it but the melt job is just a bit too severe for me.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by the melt job is too severe...?

I own the Ultra CDP II in 9mm, and the wife has the Aegis Ultra. They are our EDC guns.

I liked her Aegis, but the grip wasn't right. The Ultra CDP II is perfect for me: 3" barrel and officer's grip.

We have pretty much standardized on 9mm as my P226 is a 9mm also. It makes buying ammo less expensive, and with the Speer Gold Dots, we're very comfortable with them as defensive options.

YMMV.

I've had my Ultra CDP II for a few months now and wouldn't trade it for anything. 500 rounds thru it with just a few FTF's at first. I switched toWilson Mags and it hasn't missed a beat since. As far as it not being very popular, I would guess it's the cost. There's a lot of very good CC weapons out there for a lot less money than the CDP.

Sponsored Links