Does Para Ordnance make quality guns?

This is a discussion on Does Para Ordnance make quality guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive been looking at the Para's because I like the idea (LDA)of the light DAO trigger with the thumb and grip safety. I just want ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Para Ordnance make quality guns?

Ive been looking at the Para's because I like the idea (LDA)of the light DAO trigger with the thumb and grip safety. I just want to know how many people are happy with their purchases from this company. I am looking at the carry9 and the compact 45's. I like the slimness along with the manual safety, but they are pricey like all 1911's. Another question is about Para's customer service. Do they take care of the customer? thanks
    Last edited by hihosilver; February 27th, 2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Senior Moderator
    Yes they do make quality guns
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Never heard a bad thing about them. I have not shot one in about 2 yrs, but the one I did shoot (Slim Hog, I think?) was really well built. I think they are worth the money.
    God Bless America!!

Good pieces.

They are as good as anybody else's; I personally watched several USPSA buddies put thousands upon thousands of rounds through them with no problems whatsoever.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I have the LDA 12.45. The pistol is great but their magazine springs suck for some reason, just replace them with Wolff Springs.

They generally come highly recommended.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

I have heard several here say that the balck para-kote is junk and you should buy stainless.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Yes they are fine guns.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I bought a 9mm Para PDA with the LDA trigger (similar to the Carry 9 ). My first exposure to Para's.

So far I've been mostly satisfied. At first it would only shoot 1-2 rounds without jamming. I finally (after ~ 75 rounds) field stripped it and coated any of the friction areas with J-B bore cleaning compound (it has some mild abrasive grit in it). After coating the slide rails ,frame rails etc. , I reassembled it without the recoil spring and cycled the gun by hand for 200 -300- times. I then cleaned and lubed it as I normally would. Since that time it has been flawless. It's more than adequately accurate and is a pleasure to carry. I'm becoming quite fond of the trigger. Someone else mentioned the coating on the alloy frame...... they're right, it's very mediocre. Especially considering the price. Overall, though , I'm quite satisfied with the gun.....YMMV... mike

My Para Carry 9 is a sweet shooter with that LDA trigger. Accurate as heck. The finish stinks for sure, and I have had issues with it cycling properly lately. I think I just need to swap out the mag springs like others have said.

I had a C 7.45 LDA that was a fine gun. Just a little too heavy to pack around every day. It had the smoothest and lightest DAO trigger that I've fired.

Also, I read somewhere that Para is moving their manufacturing operations to, I believe, Florida and out of Canada.

The carry 9 is such a slick little gun. Its too bad they skimped on the finish. The PDA also seems nice, but I dont really like the ambi safety to keep the slimness down. I guess I need to go check them both out. How are they about fixing problems and customer service?

Para does make quality firearms in my opinion. I own two Para pistols. I have a Carry 9 that is my usual carry pistol. It's very thin, has decent magazine capacity and very accurate for a small gun. The LDA trigger is also really nice. Mine has been very reliable. I also just purchased a Para Warthawg .45 in stainless. So far it's even better than my Carry 9. It's super accurate for a 3 inch .45. Suprisingly, its very easy to shoot despite its small size. Even though it has a double stack 10 round magazine, the pistol is not much thicker than my Carry 9. I still need to put a few hundred more rounds through it before it moves up to carry status.

what holsters do you guys carry your carry 9's in? Im usually a OWB preference, but IWB should be ok with this thin of a gun. Next week is bonus time, so I may pick one up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links